The Official American Idol Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was soooo hoping Adam was going to go. I want Allison to win it all, she reminds me of Pink, whom I like but wish she wasn't so "crass" in many of her lyrics.

-----Added 4/30/2009 at 07:44:17 EST-----

My ranking:
Kris
Allison
a dead fish
Elmo
Milly Vanilly
Danny
another dead fish
Adam

:lol:

Nothing Redeemable

Adam- copycat.
Allison- copycat.
Chris- boring.
Danny- lousy.
Duets- don't bother next season.

For the first time, I can't say who should go. The whole night should go. That was pathetic all around.

Theognome

Adam- copycat.
Allison- copycat.
Chris- boring.
Danny- lousy.
Duets- don't bother next season.

For the first time, I can't say who should go. The whole night should go. That was pathetic all around.

Theognome

I usually agree with you about AI, Bill, but not tonight. I thought Adam was superb, Allison was very good, Kris was mediocre, and Danny was truly awful. The Danny-Kris duet was forced and forgettable, the Adam-Allison duet was electric and outstanding, in my opinion.

Based on overall body of work with extra weight on tonight's performance, my ranking is:

1. Adam
2. Danny
3. Allison
4. Kris

Danny was the worst tonight but has been one of the best all year. Kris has been the second worst the past 2 weeks. So Kris should go, but I think it's a wide open competition at this point - no result will surprise me tomorrow.

Wow, Allison gone .. that was a shocker for me.

I expected it. Two weeks ago, I mentioned that the next two to go were Matt and Allison, and this proved the case. Yes, she's a good rocker, but just not so fantastic that she can cross genre's. There's a correlation between her and Daughtry in that regard, and she left when she needed to.

Theognome

Wow, Allison gone .. that was a shocker for me.

I expected it. Two weeks ago, I mentioned that the next two to go were Matt and Allison, and this proved the case. Yes, she's a good rocker, but just not so fantastic that she can cross genre's. There's a correlation between her and Daughtry in that regard, and she left when she needed to.

Theognome

If next week is George Beverly Shea week .. Adam is gone :lol:

Simon Cowell at work again. They let the strongest of the 4 go home early because she doesn't need 1st place in Idol to sell records. This way they end up with more than one "winner" and they sell more albums. Just my opinion.

Simon Cowell at work again. They let the strongest of the 4 go home early because she doesn't need 1st place in Idol to sell records. This way they end up with more than one "winner" and they sell more albums. Just my opinion.

If your assessment is generally correct, it would be Simon Fuller, and not Cowell, behind such a move.

Theognome

I don't think Allison deserved to go based on the performances Tues night...it should have been Danny.

BTW, I think Allison performed *better* last night than on Tues night...it is funny, but also makes sense...many that get voted off perform better on their way off the show.

I missed it last night, but here's what Youtube had to offer:

[video=youtube;NPv0vbEW8xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPv0vbEW8xw[/video]

[video=youtube;JgIC0v6XZV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgIC0v6XZV8&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;uEFBeY7QjEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFBeY7QjEg[/video]

Kris's judges pick--Apologize

[video=youtube;4K-yDxSXYDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K-yDxSXYDc[/video]

[video=youtube;Na_RA4hzB2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_RA4hzB2Q[/video]

Danny is going home.

Danny is going home.

I agree. Kris really wowed people with She Works Hard For the Money on that other show and has been stepping up his game ever since. And last night with the acoustic risk - he's going to be second.

Paula should have chosen Sign Your Name for Danny instead of that other D'arby song. That was his signature song. I remember it was on MTV all the time years and years ago.

Both of Danny's songs sounded so un-hip.
I liked him in the beginning, though I still cannot believe that his best friend didn't make it. He could've beat Adam.

-----Added 5/13/2009 at 03:33:53 EST-----

Strangly enough, I suspect the 'upset' is going to happen tonight- thus a Kris/Danny final.

Theognome

Really?
That would be interesting...and Kris would definitely win!!

I *hope* Danny goes home...for whatever reason, it seems the judges are hard on Kris and soft of Danny Boy...I don't get it.

I HATED Danny's first performance...the second one was pretty good considering I don't like that song at all.

I think Adam will be safe, though I wouldn't be shocked at an upset. I have a hunch Danny is heading home, but it's really hard to predict whether he or Kris will be leaving. I'd like to see Danny go - Kris beat him last night.

Simon had to remind people to actually vote after Adam's performance, because the last time they raved about Adam, people didn't bother to vote and he ended up in the bottom 2. So he realized that and said that it is not over yet.

I don't know who'll leave. I think Danny and Kris both seem to be nice guys and both seem to have a lot of fans.

Danny...you may be done on American Idol...but your dream does live on...dream on, Danny...dream on.
[video=youtube;R6wiYAJjaGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6wiYAJjaGo[/video]

I'd like it to be Chris. He handled that new song better than Adam did, and it was believable. Adam is just too screamy and weird. Inspirational type songs don't work for him. Chris is a Boy Next Door Cutie Pie and as was said last night, he sounds like he's singing directly to "you".

The new song might've been one of the worst things I've ever heard. I couldn't write a song that bad if I tried! GRACIOUS.

The new song might've been one of the worst things I've ever heard. I couldn't write a song that bad if I tried! GRACIOUS.

That's what was said on the Mike and Juliette show this morning. The lady who said that said, "I could write that well chatting with my girlfriends at happy hour!"- or something like that.

I've heard worse songs, though.

Adam has amazing skill but is it a voice you would want to have a full CD of? No way...there is just something unreal about it and not earthy enough. It is a bit fabricated for me-more fit for theater. Chris is more natural and soulish...

:2cents:

They'll both have very successful careers. Kris is better for radio. Adam is better for theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back