The Naked Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Brattleboro, Vermont has had a longstanding easy-going attitude about public nudity. A group of naked teenagers hanging out (heh) at the local parking lot? No problem. Young people strolling up and down the sidwalks in the buff? Cool with them.

But the day a senior citizen came chugging down the street with all his wrinkles proudly on view, the attitude changes! Now the Brattleboro city fathers (and mothers, no doubt) - aging hippies all, I'll bet - are thinking of passing legislation against public nudity. They claim that it's - you know, all of a sudden - bad for the tourist trade. But they didn't think of this until Gramps went out for a stroll.

Yes, yes, public nudity is and should be a no-no, for all kinds of good biblical reasons.

What I think is hilarious is the hypocrisy of it all. All these political liberals always branding themselves (ouch!) as such high-minded types, especially as opposed to conservatives. Until this! It's OK for young folks to let it all hang out, but not the senior citizens? It's ageism, I tell you.

The moral issues regarding public nudity aside, I think the old geezer ought to sue, based on ageism, if they pass this law. It would be so entertaining to see all these aging hippie Leftists hoisted on their own petard!

I think what really offended them is the fact that the old fella had the face of Ronald Reagan tattooed on his..... now what, I'll be back, the phones ringing.

I did Richard. We had a rather important meeting regarding the future of my foster/pre-adoptive kids and we thought I would look more respectable with my hair short. It was hot and very uncomfortable. I do miss it now.

My son and I watched The Mask of Zorro last night and Anthony Hopkins character had hair about the same length as mine when I cut it. I pined a little bit for my lost locks but for the most part, it feels pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back