The Latest Exhibit in the Museum of Idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. M. Sheffield

Puritan Board Graduate
Mega"church" "pastor" Joseph Prince needed to sell some books. That meant, he needed to come up with some new gimmick. After failing to come up with anything original, he just decided to pervert the Lord's Supper with prosperity-gospel superstition and idolatry. Poof! Like that we have a new book telling us how the secret to be health and healing is in taking the Lord's Supper every day.

From FoxNews:

"I believe that the Lord gave me a mission to teach on the health-giving, life-imparting, healing power of the Communion," Prince said, explaining on why he wrote the book about a sacrament that some believers only partake of once a week or once a month, if at all. "I want them to know beyond a shadow of any doubt that God wants them healed, whole and well."

Prince calls Communion the "proverbial 'fountain of youth' mankind has been in search of for generations" and "is more powerful than any medicine, antibiotic, or medical procedure." He believes it can be the difference between life and death. He shares testimonies of people throughout the book who have been healed by the power of Holy Communion.​

But it gets worse...

And Prince says he witnessed the power of Communion while writing his book. His six-year-old son, Justin, had two skull fractures and was bleeding and throwing up after he fell from a high place on the playground during recess. When the doctors said all they could give him was painkillers, Prince and his wife, Wendy, partook communion with their second-grader at the hospital.

"The amazing this was, we could literally see him getting better and better each time we partook," Prince said. "Every time we had Communion with Justin, his headaches got less painful, to the point when he told us he would rather just partake of the Communion that to take the painkillers that the doctors had given him!"

He encourages anyone who hasn't been healed or seen any changes to keep going - and believing.

"Don't give up. No matter what diagnosis you might have received from your doctor, keep filling your heart with scriptures," Prince said. "Keep listening to messages about the Lord's finished work and partaking of the Communion."
What is even more frustrating is that you have a major news outlet promoting this garbage.

Mega"church" "pastor" Joseph Prince needed to sell some books. That meant, he needed to come up with some new gimmick. After failing to come up with anything original, he just decided to pervert the Lord's Supper with prosperity-gospel superstition and idolatry. Poof! Like that we have a new book telling us how the secret to be health and healing is in taking the Lord's Supper every day.

From FoxNews:

"I believe that the Lord gave me a mission to teach on the health-giving, life-imparting, healing power of the Communion," Prince said, explaining on why he wrote the book about a sacrament that some believers only partake of once a week or once a month, if at all. "I want them to know beyond a shadow of any doubt that God wants them healed, whole and well."

Prince calls Communion the "proverbial 'fountain of youth' mankind has been in search of for generations" and "is more powerful than any medicine, antibiotic, or medical procedure." He believes it can be the difference between life and death. He shares testimonies of people throughout the book who have been healed by the power of Holy Communion.​

But it gets worse...

And Prince says he witnessed the power of Communion while writing his book. His six-year-old son, Justin, had two skull fractures and was bleeding and throwing up after he fell from a high place on the playground during recess. When the doctors said all they could give him was painkillers, Prince and his wife, Wendy, partook communion with their second-grader at the hospital.

"The amazing this was, we could literally see him getting better and better each time we partook," Prince said. "Every time we had Communion with Justin, his headaches got less painful, to the point when he told us he would rather just partake of the Communion that to take the painkillers that the doctors had given him!"

He encourages anyone who hasn't been healed or seen any changes to keep going - and believing.

"Don't give up. No matter what diagnosis you might have received from your doctor, keep filling your heart with scriptures," Prince said. "Keep listening to messages about the Lord's finished work and partaking of the Communion."
What is even more frustrating is that you have a major news outlet promoting this garbage.
What horrible superstition. It’s people like him who have caused me to reject the meaningless label “evangelical”.

Nothing fundamentally distinct from this:

If it wasn’t for Medjugorje, I wouldn’t have ever agreed to take that part, because it was in Medjugorje that my heart opened to prayer and to the sacraments. If I wanted to play Jesus, I knew I needed to be very close to Him. Every day I went to Confession, and I attended Eucharistic Adoration. Mel Gibson was coming to Holy Mass, as well, with the condition that Holy Mass was in Latin. That was good because in that way I learned Latin.

How could I help other people to increase their faith in Jesus? I realized that this can only happen if Jesus is present in me through the Eucharist, and so people would see Jesus through my life. When we were shooting the scene of the Last Supper, I had an inner pocket made in my clothes where I placed some relics of saints and a relic of Christ’s Cross. I had a strong desire for Jesus to be really present, and so I asked the priest to expose the Blessed Sacrament. At first, he did not want to do that, but I was persistent in asking, because I was positive that people would recognize Christ more, if I myself was looking at Him. The priest was standing with the Blessed Sacrament in his hands next to a cameraman, and together with him, he approached me. When people watch the movie and see a shimmer in my eyes, they are not aware that they really see Jesus, a reflection of the consecrated Host, in my eyes. The same was in the scene of the Crucifixion. The priest was there; he held the Blessed Sacrament in his hands, and I prayed all the time.

-----thejoysofbeingcatholic.blogspot.com/2012/03/actor-jim-caviezels-role-in-passion

Clueless evangelical-moderatism is far down the Road to Rome.

It's a spirited debate alright, but what spirit? I've never heard of him, but I can't unsee Prince (the dead musician) with that hair.

"I go where they lead me." Yikes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back