The Indissolubility of True Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianBowman

Posting Priviledges Revoked
Folks,

It's been some time since I've read or posted on this Forum. I'll be brief in this post.

I, Brian Bowman, hereby renounce any previous statements I made (or implied) signifying that a validly covenanted Marriage can be dissolved in the eyes of Christ and His Church.

Warm Regards in Christ,

Brian Bowman
John 3:21

Folks,

It's been some time since I've read or posted on this Forum. I'll be brief in this post.

I, Brian Bowman, hereby renounce any previous statements I made (or implied) signifying that a validly covenanted Marriage can be dissolved in the eyes of Christ and His Church.

Warm Regards in Christ,

Brian Bowman

It has been a while. I would ask if that before you cement any view, that you would check out Pastor Bacon's sermon series on the issue:

My pastor did a 16 sermon series on "Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage" all of which are online and easily accessible via the search engine link below (this is audio). In the box that says "Any Series" choose "Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage".
http://www.fpcr.org/fpdb/Audio-Search.asp

Folks,

Warm Regards in Christ,

Brian Bowman

What constitutes a validly covenanted marriage?

This will be my final post on this Forum.

I've come to the conclusion that the Scriptures and the Church Fathers (i.e. the disciples and "lineage" of the original Apostles) are crystal clear on this issue.

Conscience tell me to follow these.

Peace,

Brian

What constitutes a validly covenanted marriage?

That's for Church Tribunals with proper ecclesiastical authority to determine. People argue and disagree about matters of marriage to no end and our culture continues to crumble under the weight of infidelity to God's truth.

That's for Church Tribunals with proper ecclesiastical authority to determine. People argue and disagree about matters of marriage to no end and our culture continues to crumble under the weight of infidelity to God's truth.

Tribunals are often in error. I will accept no decision of any tribunal or any other ecclesiastical body that violates the clear statements of Christ and his apostles on this matter or any other. I refuse to follow my "concience". It has often lead me astray. I will follow prayerfully the Word of the Living God.

We should be careful that we do not come under this scripture:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Folks,

Warm Regards in Christ,

Brian Bowman

With all due respect for Brian, his signature line tells the story; let us pray for our friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back