The Historia Salutis, simply explained (without big words like historia salutis...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieP

Puritan Board Senior
What books would you recommend to give my grandmother, who is an avid reader but is woefully deficient in her knowledge of the Bible? She has been PCUSA all her life, but she has heard the Gospel from me and has visited my own church (she plans to either of the two upcoming weekends!) and my parent's church (which, although liberal, has enough Gospel to know that Jesus died for sinners and the way we are forgiven is to believe upon and trust in Him alone).

We had an interesting discussion over dinner several evenings ago. It was short, but I learned that she does not even know the basics of early church history (think Acts.) I'm thinking about a book that is simple and that gives a big-picture look at God's plan of redemption. I thought about Gordon Keddie's You are My Witnesses, but she's more of a novel person and might not like a commentary. She read The Da Vinci Code back when it came out, and I had to give her some articles debunking it. She thought it was great to read those articles, and she even gave them for her book club to read after they read TDVC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back