The Heidleberg Catechism Rap. This is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pastor posted that on his Facebook page as well as a group that he runs. I Found it to be great, and even passed it on to a friend.

One of my main objectives in my German studies is to be able to translate the Heidelberg Catechism from German to English.

I was not able to listen to it on my iPad... Guess Apple isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, I mean seriously they just denied me Heidleberg Rap! :)

I cannot believe that those sinful beats were associated with that wonderful document. Have you no decency?

That was incredible! I sat here and actually teared up listening to it. That fellow is talented.

That was terrific. C.J. Mahaney and Curtis Allen could be the greatest collaborators since Lennon and McCartney. Curtis, the talent and CJ the muse of course.

I cant quite go that far Phil but I agree as one who doesnt get rap, very cool. It caused me to go read the Heidelberg which cannot be bad
:D

The first tolerable rap I've ever heard...

You should get out more. :lol: Curtis' albums are all tolerable, theological and just plain good. There's also Christcentric, shai linne and a host of other folks. :)

Count me among those who need to get out more. At some level I realize there's real art and poetry in this sort of thing (or there can be), but I'm generally inclined to like an old-fashioned hymn better.

I don't get rap . . . 'cause of the gap . . . in the map . . . under my cap . . . yo.
But the Heidelberg Catechism . . . is the one that makes my heart warm . . . and keeps me from schism . . . don't ya know, yo?

But, that was HIIIIII...larious

I don't get rap . . . 'cause of the gap . . . in the map . . . under my cap . . . yo.
But the Heidelberg Catechism . . . is the one that makes my heart warm . . . and keeps me from schism . . . don't ya know, yo?

But, that was HIIIIII...larious

I do believe you have missed a calling Dennis :lol:

Great!!! I finally got to a laptop and listened to it. Now we need one of these talented reformed rappers to rap the Westminster.... ;)

Last edited:
Was that extemporaneous? It seemed like he challenged him to do it there but then had parts that made it seem like he had worked on it ahead of time.

Either way: :applause:

[video=youtube;WikOUtCAwaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikOUtCAwaU[/video]

It's ok for you (or anyone else) not to like the genre. :)

btw, I don't believe that this is necessarily appropriate for Sunday morning. But that's me.

As I listened to it, I couldn't help but seeing Dr. Clark bobbing his head listening to it. :lol:

I saw this on the Heidelberg, so I'm sure he was!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Was that extemporaneous? It seemed like he challenged him to do it there but then had parts that made it seem like he had worked on it ahead of time.

Either way: :applause:

At first I was confused, but if you read the post, it appears that Curtis Allen was challenged by CJ Mahaney, and then Curtis later sent him ths song using the audio from the challenge as the introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back