The Genesis Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you seen this trailer? Any insight?

https://www.realclearreligion.org/video/2019/07/23/the_genesis_story__official_trailer.html

P.S. Warning at least 1 Jesus image. I’m only sharing because it could likely be widely seen and embraced.
The trailer depicts God the Father and God the Son multiple times. I first saw it last week and based on both the images and the narrative I hit the back button. When it comes to Genesis I’m very particular about who I read. This fellow is an Orthodox in a mostly Catholic institution hence the flagrant 2C violations and emphasis on literary forms in Genesis. I’d rather stick with those whose presuppositions I share.

The trailer depicts God the Father and God the Son multiple times. I first saw it last week and based on both the images and the narrative I hit the back button. When it comes to Genesis I’m very particular about who I read. This fellow is an Orthodox in a mostly Catholic institution hence the flagrant 2C violations and emphasis on literary forms in Genesis. I’d rather stick with those whose presuppositions I share.
Thanks. Yeah it did not peek my interest, but seems well funded. I wonder what ideas the course will actually push. It being offered online for free might be something under-shepherds could have interest in, if a defense is needed within a local flock.:detective:

Judging by how he speaks in this brief clip, it sounds like he will come at Genesis not as history, but as stories designed to teach theological truths.

Judging by how he speaks in this brief clip, it sounds like he will come at Genesis not as history, but as stories designed to teach theological truths.
He’s an English professor with no apparent theological training. Whose theological truths will he exposite for the brethren? He may have some good insights and be widely read in theology, but I’d doubt if he accepts a six-day creation account. If he denies its historicity then I lose interest in his theological truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back