The faith of God’s elect

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Robert Traill (The Throne of Grace), Works 1:76-77:

Election is that eternal and adorable act of free grace, wherein God the Father passed over his love to a select company of mankind, that were to come into the world; appointing them to salvation; appointing a Saviour for them, and all means fit to accomplish his design of love on them, to the praise of his grace, Eph. 1:4-6. This blessing is revealed in believing. When God gives faith, he makes known his electing love; and when we act faith, we may see it. Faith is the faith of God’s elect, Titus 1:1. This, when seen, is a great ground of boldness at the throne of grace: Luke 18:7, Shall not God avenge his own elect, that cry unto him day and night? This our Lord prays upon in John 17:9, 10, I pray for them: I pray not for the world; but for them which thou hast given me, for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine, and I am glorified in them. As if our Lord had said, “I am sure to be heard; for I pray for them that are partakers of thine everlasting love. They are thine by election, and given to me; they are mine, by receiving and redeeming of them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back