The Emerging/Emergent Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Tim 4:2

Puritan Board Freshman
I have been studying this movement for a year now. I believe it to be based on erroneous philosophy based ideology. It is becoming wide spread and even though some churches may not identify themsleves as Emerging they still carrry the heart of the movement in their churches. I thought I would post some links that give great insight into the mid set of these folks.

Emerging church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Postmodernism and the Emerging Church Movement

Emerging Church — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress

Subversive Influence

Apprising Ministries: Emergent Church Archive

I have been studying this movement for a year now. I believe it to be based on erroneous philosophy based ideology. It is becoming wide spread and even though some churches may not identify themsleves as Emerging they still carrry the heart of the movement in their churches. I thought I would post some links that give great insight into the mid set of these folks.

Subversive Influence

Just wondering if Rob Bell is apart of this movement? I was invited to a "bible study" the other night and so I went and they had a short video by him that they were showing to the group. Zondervan put out the dvd. I have never heard of the guy before nor had I listened to him before.

Just wondering if Rob Bell is apart of this movement? I was invited to a "bible study" the other night and so I went and they had a short video by him that they were showing to the group. Zondervan put out the dvd. I have never heard of the guy before nor had I listened to him before.
:down::down::down:
Watch some of his stuff on Youtube. Bad news. Bad, bad news.

Subversive Influence

Apprising Ministries: CRITIQUE: ROB BELL…VELVET ELVIS (MOVEMENT 2)

Rob Bell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rob Bell at Christian Research Net

I am a volunteer youth leader at my church and my youth pastor is a really big fan of Rob Bell, but his weekly teachings at Sunday and Tuesday youth groups are pretty solid. I just read Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis and am drafting a review of it to send to my youth pastor. Does anyone have any input about any of this?

:ditto: That's where I would go too. It's an excellent sermon, and by our own (yes, he does officially 'belong' to the PB) Pastor Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back