The Dodgers Are Probably Done - Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Well, they now have to win three games in a row - two of them in Boston. It's not impossible, but it's highly implausible. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they're going to bomb out in two World Series in a row.

I'm a fan, but a realistic one.

The Cubs overcame these exact odds a couple/few years ago! It’s possible!

Well, turns out it's not possible - at least not this year! The Red Sox won the World Series 4 games to 1. Since he was at Dodger Stadium anyway tonight, perhaps manager Dave Roberts took a few minutes to clean out his desk.

All respect to the Boston Red Sox and their pitching staff. They're a great team. They proved it.

@bookslover

I always find such a reaction from fans somewhat puzzling: Roberts clean out his desk? Why? The Dodgers won the NL pennant two years in a row. Yes, they lost two WS in a row, but consider the alternative (that of the rest of the NL teams)--not making it there at all!

I know that it's frustrating as a fan, but you have a great team, and no one was going to beat the BoSox this year. They clearly had the best team in the game.

Peace,
Alan

@bookslover

I always find such a reaction from fans somewhat puzzling: Roberts clean out his desk? Why? The Dodgers won the NL pennant two years in a row. Yes, they lost two WS in a row, but consider the alternative (that of the rest of the NL teams)--not making it there at all!

I know that it's frustrating as a fan, but you have a great team, and no one was going to beat the BoSox this year. They clearly had the best team in the game.

Peace,
Alan

This is included in all of sports today in that unless one wins the championship people think they had a bad year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back