The Day of Worship by McGraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I recently purchased this book by Ryan McGraw: The Day of Worship: Reassessing the Christian Life in Light of the Sabbath - Reformation Heritage Books

I am only about halfway through, but it is one of the best books I've read on the Christian Sabbath. This is mainly due to its readability and the fact that it is new and interacts with modern objections from those who label themselves Reformed. One of the appendices is a reprint of the author's review of Jay Adam's anti-sabbath book.

Highly recommended.

An excellent book, and along with The Lord's Day by Joseph Pipa, great reading for our generation which would profane the sabbath, spiritualize away its meaning, and absolve its memory from the earth.

Yet, the fourth commandment is a great regulator of the Christian life, and source of delight in it.

Pastor McGraw graciously gave me an autographed copy a few weeks ago. My wife and I are currently reading it.

I also highly recommend it.

it is one of the best books I've read on the Christian Sabbath. This is mainly due to its readability

Thanks Tim. Would it be a helpful book to put into the hands of an Evangelical who is clueless on the issue?

I would think so, Bob. It is more readable than Dr. Pipa's book, for instance. The style and arguments are very accessible -- almost like reading sermon texts. But they are also very direct. It will probably be offensive to some, but hopefully convicting to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back