The Dark Knight Rises trailer!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwright82

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Here is the new Batman movie trailer, it looks totally awsome.

[video=youtube;-yh6SriAjdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE[/video]

Not as long as they keep making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I think it's funny and reflective of modern Americans that Batman thinks superman is a neocon and superman thinks Batman is a naive traditional conservative :) That comes out in "the book" :)

With the goofy new recent reboot of the DCU, I am not sure if they will keep the idealistic squabble between Bats and Supes. Regarding the trailer, Bane is perhaps my least favorite of the "book" rogues gallery. I will still go see it, sucka that I am! ;)

With the goofy new recent reboot of the DCU, I am not sure if they will keep the idealistic squabble between Bats and Supes. Regarding the trailer, Bane is perhaps my least favorite of the "book" rogues gallery. I will still go see it, sucka that I am! ;)
I am outraged that you do not like Bane. Bane is probably one of batman's best villains! :flamingscot: In a very weird way, I think I like batman because of my sinful doubting of the Lord's justice.

What I think is funny is that no one girl has commented on this, tells you a lot about the demographics of it.

I'll jump in and comment since I was a huge Batman fan as a child, and for the most part, I enjoyed the Batman movies. While there were many things I liked about "Dark Knight", I thought is was too violent and too graphic.

Are they ever going to stop the Batman movies...?

Christopher Nolan has said that this one is the last that he is making, so this is the end of the franchise that began with Batman Begins.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Someone else will pick up the "franchise" as long as they make money. However, to continue to make money, they need to be quality movies. I am one of those guys who HATES it when the "film" takes liberties with the "cannon" of the books.

I am one of those guys who HATES it when the "film" takes liberties with the "cannon" of the books.

Frankly, this bothers me less now than it used to. Film and literature are two different media and the translation between them means something will usually be lost. Even something as true to the original as To Kill a Mockingbird (as great a film as it was a book) takes certain liberties. What I don't like are changes in characterization and philosophy (which is what irked me in the last two Narnia films).

As films, Nolan's takes on Batman have been really good---I can't speak to the comics, though, given that I haven't read them.

A lot of the Dark Knight Rises was filmed in Pittsburgh (where i live). Here are a few pictures I took when I was heading to work. Everybody in Pittsburgh is really excited. A lot of Hollywood films recently have been filmed in Pittsburgh. Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington are a few examples of actors that were in Pittsburgh recently.

View attachment 2549

View attachment 2550

Seriously? On the Puritanboard, we are advertising this rubbish?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

One wonders what the Puritans would have to say.

I'll jump in and comment since I was a huge Batman fan as a child, and for the most part, I enjoyed the Batman movies. While there were many things I liked about "Dark Knight", I thought is was too violent and too graphic.

You make a fine point. My last post was not meant to be insulting to any girl only a funny commentary on gender difference. I am reminded of story I heard of a christian psychologist who is an expert on gender difference. She was aproeched by a mother who was distraut over her little girl's behaviour. You see she wished to raise a gender nuetral child so she bought her like 2 or 3 year old daughter fire trucks and other "boy toys" to acheive this. So she was very upset when she walked into her daughter's room one day to see her daughter caring for the fire truck, kissing it and tucking it to bed.

My own daughter used to do that to me for hours when she was 2. She would tuck me in and then take the covers up and redo it. I think that the new Batman franchise is more "guy" movies and the initial response to my thread only demonstrated that. Hard core feminists are just wrong and it is funny to me. Not that feminism is a bad thing, I think in many ways it is good (rights of women to vote and equal pay in the work place are just 2). If I were to post a thread on some romantic comedy I would be surpised for many men to comment on it.

As far as this movie goes I am looking forward to it. It looks very good. I like how Nolan has taken a fantasy world and attempted to make it as realistic as possible. The new director for the new Superman movie is going to do the same thing for that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back