The connection between Christ and believers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Hugh Binning, Works, p. 240:

There is that connection between Christ and believers, that wonderful communication between them, that Christ did nothing, was nothing, and had nothing done to him, but what he did, and was, and suffered, personating them, and all the benefit and advantage redounds to them. He would not be considered of as a person by himself, but would rather be still taken in with the children. As for love, he came down and took flesh to be like them, and did take their sin and misery off them, and so was content to be looked upon by God as in the place of sinners, as the chief sinner; so he is content and desirous that we should look on him as in the place of sinners, as dying, as rising for us, as having no excellency or privilege incommunicable to us.

Oh, I appreciate this! I've been thinking about this lately- it is so especially evident in the Psalms. We should be absolutely floored every day at the truth of it. "He would not be considered of as a person by himself, but would rather be still taken in with the children."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What amazes me is not only the divinity of Jesus but the impeccability which I have been looking into a lot of Our Lord. I have found the perfect humanity to be mysterious this side of glory with the divinity of Our Lord Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back