The Confessional Presbyterian v. 8 (2012) Contents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to say mine came yesterday, but I didn't have time to unwrap it 'til this evening.

My wife says, " tell Chris,beautiful work!"

Thanks Vic; it's a lot of effort; and while the wrapper at end is my doing, it would be empty without all the contributions of substance.

I have had two Kingdoms foisted upon me! My eyes! Nevertheless, it certainly looks worth reading. Thanks.

I highly recommend The Confessional Presbyterian to all.

Chris, I just received Volume 8 of the Confessional Presbyterian today. I have volumes 1 through 7 which I purchased through you last year. The Confessional Presbyterian has helped me tremendously in understanding Presbyterian thought, doctrine and theology. I have becomes an astute Presbyterian from reading the articles in Volumes 1-7. I am starting to read “Archibald Alexander & the Founding of Princeton Theological Seminary” this evening. What I like about Archibald Alexander is his philosophy that although the whole word of God is the subject for preaching, the heart and center of the whole message of the Gospel and the scriptures as Reformed Protestants is the person and work of Christ. One of the reasons I am today a Presbyterian and became a Presbyterian after leaving Roman Catholicism in 2006 is that I found above all other Christian denominations that Presbyterianism and the Presbyterian style of preaching was a place where Christ’s love met you in word and heart. In the Presbyterian church, I believe Christ is the central figure of emphasis. It is one of the major reasons I decided to become a Presbyterian.
I highly recommend The Confessional Presbyterian to all. It is a wonderful resource and as I said has helped me grow in my understanding of what it means to be a Reformed Protestant and a Presbyterian today. Many of my cradle Presbyterian friends are astonished on how much I have absorbed and the extent of my Reformed faith which they believe is stronger than many other cradle Protestants. I thank you Chris and the Confessional Presbyterian Journal for that.
God bless you in your work,
Dudley

I found above all other Christian denominations that Presbyterianism and the Presbyterian style of preaching was a place where Christ’s love met you in word and heart.

I have found this in other denominations also. I deeply admire many of the Reformed Baptists, United Reformed Church, Evangelical Free, etc.. God has used many different men of God to minister His word to me. I would caution elevating Presbyterianism too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back