The Confessional Presbyterian’s New Editors: C. N. Willborn and James J. Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed late last week; I'm pretty pleased about this.:)

The Confessional Presbyterian’s New Editors: C. N. Willborn and James J. Cassidy

News Update. We are pleased to announce that The Confessional Presbyterian has two new editors. The Rev. James J. Cassidy and the Rev. Dr. C. N. Willborn have agreed to take on the task of overseeing the large Articles section of the journal. Both have been enthusiastic contributors since the journal’s inception, and join the Rev. Lane Keister who took up the editor duties of the Reviews section in 2009. We believe the assembling of this fine team of editors will ensure this publication continues offering quality material on issues of concern and interest from a confessional Presbyterian and Reformed point of view. Chris Coldwell continues in the capacity of general editor and publisher.
James J. Cassidy. Jim is a pastor of Calvary Church (OPC), Ringoes, N. J., and is currently in the Ph.D. program at Westminster Theological Seminary, focusing on the study of Systematic Theology. He is a contributor at the Reformed Forum. Jim provided the following articles for past issues of The Confessional Presbyterian: “Critical-Realism & the Relation of Redemptive Act to Revelatory Word” (2006); “Francis Turretin and Barthianism: The Covenant of Works in Historical Perspective” (2009).
C. N. “Nick” Willborn. Nick is Senior Pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCA), Oak Ridge, Tenn., and Adjunct Professor of Historical Theology, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Dr. Willborn has written for many books and journals. His writings include: “Adoption: A Historical Perspective with Evangelical Implications,” in Sanctification: Growing in Grace (2002); “The Diaconate: God’s Office of Temporal Affairs,” in Confessing Our Hope (2004); “The ‘Ministerial and Declarative’ Powers of the Church and In Thesi Deliverances,” in The Confessional Presbyterian (2005); “Presbyterians in the South and the Slave: A Study in Benevolence,” in The Confessional Presbyterian (2007); “Gilbert Tennent” in Colonial Presbyterianism (2007); “Biblical Theology in Southern Presbyterianism” in The Hope Fulfilled (2008); “Eschatology and the Westminster Standards in The Confessional Presbyterian (2008); and “The Deacon: A Divine Right Office with Divine Uses,” in The Confessional Presbyterian (2009). Nick is currently writing a critical biography (the first) of the Southern Presbyterian theologian, John L. Girardeau.
***​
We are still accepting article and review submissions for 2010. If you would like to make a submission for publication please review the submissions page.
News | The Confessional Presbyterian

Last edited:
Great news, Chris.

And, by the way, the latest volume continues the pattern of excellence. I really appreciate the work you put into it.

It is usually summertime Wayne (July August). I will be getting with Lane, Jim and Nick in the coming week or weeks and we'll see if that holds. I think everyone would like to see the journal come out sooner; the December release that happened in 2008 and 2009 is problematic for a number of reasons.

The "Southern Presbyterian" place was probably taken by the so-so bio of Dabney. Would like to see a bio of Charles Hodge. Has there been one?

Your work is always excellent. I have learned much reading on your blog and site.

It is usually summertime Wayne (July August). I will be getting with Lane, Jim and Nick in the coming week or weeks and we'll see if that holds. I think everyone would like to see the journal come out sooner; the December release that happened in 2008 and 2009 is problematic for a number of reasons.

One being that you need to work on the Songs of Zion release :cool:

Surely.:)

One being that you need to work on the Songs of Zion release :cool:

Ben, I think you'll like his take on Girardeau. Dr. Willborn's dissertation was on Girardeau, and it is excellent. Chris, I don't know Rev. Cassidy, but Dr. Willborn is certainly a great addition.

I didn't think you did...I just saw that you didn't care for the Dabney biography; I was just assuring you that it would be better than that (In my humble opinion).

Ben, I think you'll like his take on Girardeau. Dr. Willborn's dissertation was on Girardeau, and it is excellent. Chris, I don't know Rev. Cassidy, but Dr. Willborn is certainly a great addition.

Rev. Cassidy is a regular contributor to the podcast Christ the Center. He is turning into quite a Barth scholar (from a very critical perspective, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back