The Communion of the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Puritan Board Graduate
Often times it can be difficult to know what true fellowship among the body of Christ should look like, especially in our current climate. I found a very thought provoking and helpful reminder from Metanoia Ministries literature this morning:

If you ever wonder what real communion and fellowship look like, and you are having a hard time finding a good model or example of loving and mutually beneficial communion to follow, just consider the relationship that exist between God the Father, God the Son , and God the Holy Spirit. They live together in perfect unity. There is harmony between these three individual persons who comprise the godhead, who are inextricably bound one to another. Their relationship is personal. It is unselfish. They share a unity of purpose, in love. We see their work in creation and sustainment of all things, in the redemption of man, and in the promise of joyful perfection in eternal relationship with God alongside all of those who are of the household of faith.

-From A Study of the Apostles Creed, Book 6, pg. 12-13

A perfect harmony of love, unity, knowledge, agreement, and all three persons praising one another and bestowing honor on the others for all good and excellent things in them. Thanks for such a reminder. The love of the persons of the Trinity one to another is a marvelous mountain to scale!

A perfect harmony of love, unity, knowledge, agreement, and all three persons praising one another and bestowing honor on the others for all good and excellent things in them. Thanks for such a reminder. The love of the persons of the Trinity one to another is a marvelous mountain to scale!
Your welcome brother. Until now I had never thought to dwell that way on the Godhead to help motivate me to pursue deeper communion and fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. As an aside, let us keep in mind our brothers and sisters who have come to faith while in prison for past sins. Many are dealing even more with solitude during COVID lock downs. My own student has informed me that they don't get to leave there cells even for meal time now. Thankfully, as I reminded him and myself, we always have direct access to commune with our Father!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back