The Big Picture for Small Town Churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it get's addressed here and there. That's a fine presentation, btw. One of the code phrases you'll here is "planting churches in centers of influence". That indicates a number of things. On one hand : 1) Moneyed population 2) Lots of white folks 3) who just might be embarrassed at being born "white". On the other hand, it can also indicate an obsession with SJW types of issues, which often, sadly, indicates the demonstrably false idea that cities don't have churches already. I respect T. Keller for staying the course in Manhattan, although I disagree with him on a few issues. But some in the PCA talk as if Redeemer was the first church Manhattan ever had.

Oh, it get's addressed here and there. That's a fine presentation, btw. One of the code phrases you'll here is "planting churches in centers of influence". That indicates a number of things. On one hand : 1) Moneyed population 2) Lots of white folks 3) who just might be embarrassed at being born "white". On the other hand, it can also indicate an obsession with SJW types of issues, which often, sadly, indicates the demonstrably false idea that cities don't have churches already. I respect T. Keller for staying the course in Manhattan, although I disagree with him on a few issues. But some in the PCA talk as if Redeemer was the first church Manhattan ever had.
A disclaimer as I’ve never read this book but some works in cities have it painfully difficult.

https://www.amazon.com/When-Wicked-Seize-Chuck-McIlhenny/dp/0595154328

I’m surprised this book hasn’t been banned from amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back