The Best Puritan Work, In my humble opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Tempus faciendi, Domine.
Following the thread link announcing the new Meet the Puritans blog, I wound up at Mark Jones' blog on Thomas Goodwin [now archived].

On 14 August he posted a blog under the title, "The Best Puritan Work, in my opinion"
and his conclusion was in favor of Goodwin's treatise, "The Heart of Christ in Heaven Towards Sinners on Earth"

“The Heart of Christ in Heaven Towards Sinners on Earth”

What say you? Agree? Jones is unexpectedly biased towards Goodwin?

Owen was far better of a theologian than goodwin though Goodwin is far more practical and easier to read. I do think though both were wrong on the nature of the Church though!!!

J.I. Packer said that while on some matters of detail Owen may have seen more clearly into Paul's mind, no one saw more clearly into his heart than Goodwin.

J.I. Packer said that while on some matters of detail Owen may have seen more clearly into Paul's mind, no one saw more clearly into his heart than Goodwin.

That's just because Goodwin asked Packer to write a blurb for a dust jacket and Owen would not! :lol:

Guthrie's "Christian's Great Interest."

Goodwin suffered from some of the same problems as Rutherford, though to a lesser degree; his earthly pen found it difficult to articulate what his heavenly mind perceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back