The Abortion debate: Step it up a notch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I think it is safe to assume everyone on here is against abortion and believes it should be outlawed. And they would usually say it should be on grounds that it takes a life (murder). Now comes the sticky question:

If abortion is outlawed since it is murder,
and murder is a capital crime,
Wouldn't abortion, logically speaking, be a capital crime?

Now to rub salt in the wound: Does the Kingdom of the Left Hand have the right to put abortionists to death? Does the Kingdom of the Left Hand have the right to enforce the sixth commandment?

On the other hand,
Can you logically oppose abortion as murder yet not allow it to be tried as murder in the civil realm? I maintain you cannot.

I bring this up because we have been debating ethical systems, civil penalogies, and social order-theories in the abstract. Let's see how they work out and if any view falls prey to a reductio ad absurdum.

I believe abortion is infanticide and that the magistrate is under the wrath of God for not putting those who commit such atrocities to death.

Incidentally, I also believe that, in my estimation, that abortion represents the wrath of God being poured out on flesh (Rom 1:18-32) as nothing else is. How much further can you sink into judgment than a society where women, instead of nurturing and protecting their young, kill them and celebrate it?

I believe abortion is infanticide and that the magistrate is under the wrath of God for not putting those who commit such atrocities to death.

Incidentally, I also believe that, in my estimation, that abortion represents the wrath of God being poured out on flesh (Rom 1:18-32) as nothing else is. How much further can you sink into judgment than a society where women, instead of nurturing and protecting their young, kill them and celebrate it?

Can you logically oppose abortion as murder yet not allow it to be tried as murder in the civil realm? I maintain you cannot.

I agree with both of these quotes. It logically follows that if abortion is murder, then abortionists should be tried as nothing less than murderers.

I would like to toss in a little "amen" smiley to follow that, but it is an 'Amen' that makes me sick to my stomach. That someone would choose to murder their own child is incomprehensible to me but such is the utter depravity of man.

:amen:

Rich, I am just upset that you said it better than I ever could! ;)

Yep, same here. I have no problem taking abortion laws that far. Bravo to all who agree and boldly say so.

I agree with both of these quotes. It logically follows that if abortion is murder, then abortionists should be tried as nothing less than murderers.

:agree:

Then it would follow that the woman carrying the child would also be guilty, would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back