Thanking God at all times, even when life is crazy: Psalm 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlingmerc

Puritan Board Sophomore
Thanking God at all times, even when life is crazy: Psalm 34

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
The humble will hear my boast in the Lord and be glad.

I was anointed King, pursued relentlessly by Saul. For safety went to Gath. Yes, crossed over to the Philistines.
When I say his praise continually on my mouth I mean continually.
I ‘the Lord’s anointed’ went into enemy territory for safety from King Saul what was also 'the Lords anointed' if that isn't crazy enough. A visiting Philistine ruler (AKA terrorist) asked ‘is this David of who kills tens of thousands? My life a heartbeat or two away from an potential end and then God gave me an idea.. Drool… act like you’re nuts… it worked. "Get this fool out of my sight now!" and I was out of there.

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

When life is crazy and you can still taste and see that the lord is good, you are truly blessed. Never mind the details how I escaped, point is God delivered me when I needed. Learn this and learn it well. To help you, I, David, have written this as in acrostic to make it easier for AHEM you to memorize.

An open invitation:
Oh, magnify the LORD with me in thanksgiving and let us exalt his name together!
The angel of the LORD is at hand to those who fear him and he who is near delivers them.
Oh, fear the LORD, you who have been set apart as his, for those who fear him have no want, no lack!

A lesson:
If you desire life and want to see good days, come here:
Start with the tongue. Say no evil and speak the truth.
Don't let evil in your mouth, and don't act it out. Do good; Pursue peacemaking.
The eyes, the face, the ears of the Lord lean toward the righteous, against the evil.
He delivered me and delivers them out of all their troubles.

An encouragement:
Don’t give up, crushed ones.
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous; the LORD delivers him out of them all.
He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken, just as the spotless Passover lamb’s bones are not broken.
Somehow, in some sense, the afflictions of both the righteous and the pascal lamb tethered in their affliction.

David magnifies God and speaking better than he knows of the future righteous one
John looking at the dying Jesus, saying 'not one of his bones broken' speaking of both Jesus righteousness and a promised deliverance.
Peter looking at David's crazy sojourn among the Philistines and quotes this Psalm eight times and encourages believers to be lights in their own sojourns
God sovereignty ordaining a seemingly crazy chaotic incident in David's life using David, John and Peter to shine a spotlight on Jesus

And a preview:
The angel of the Lord is emissary of mercy in this Psalm
But let this be preview to the next Psalm,
All face affliction, but the wicked will go down for the count,
Those who hate the righteous will face a dead end of condemnation.
The angel of the Lord is executor of judgment in Psalm 35

The LORD himself will redeem the life of his servants. None of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.

Marvel at this, that he who was rich became a poor man who cried,
Jesus, he who was rich, became poor and afflicted that we might become the rightousness of God in Him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back