Thabiti Anyabwile on Johnathan Edwards/Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS116

Puritan Board Freshman
Tomorrow, Wednesday February 1,2012 Thabiti Anyawile(Reformed Baptist African American pastor from Cayman Islands) will be giving a lecture at TIU(Trinity International University).This is a well awaited and needed discussion that has been on alot of minds for a while now,especially in African American communities and churches reformed and non reformed.

You can view the LIVE stream at: Jonathan Edwards and American Racism - TIU Newsroom

It starts at 1:30pm CST
End at 2:30 CST

Tune in for one of the most anticipated, and possibly most beneficial discussions of the year!

Wow, I would love to get the transcripts and hear the connections. I know Edwards was a missionary to the Indians in New England after he left his church but I don't recall him mentioning much about racism in his writings.

Shawn could you post a summary for those of us who cannot catch it live?

Yea,I can most definitely do that,I think think they will have it available for recap shortly after also.

but,I will most likely talk about it on the forum.

Wow, I would love to get the transcripts and hear the connections. I know Edwards was a missionary to the Indians in New England after he left his church but I don't recall him mentioning much about racism in his writings.

I would also like to see a transcript because I am interested were Edwards falls. I know he did have a few house slaves through his life but I would be surprised to find if he said anything nearly as vile about people of African descent as Dabney.

It never came on..I waited for the stream but no hopesss..hopefully they'll have it on the web tomorrow

It never came on..I waited for the stream but no hopesss..hopefully they'll have it on the web tomorrow

I wanted to see this but I ended up getting busy so I missed the time. I do hope a recording will be made available. If you find something Shawn, please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back