Ted Donnelly's series on baptism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Pastor Donnelly's presentation of the continuance of covenant inclusion that helped me let go of my baptistic upbringing.

I think it would be a useful excercise for RB'S to listen to these, as they are edifying, pastoral, warm and preached by an excellent man who knows RB's well, if nothing else it will help us understand each other better.

If it weren't for the RB's we wouldn't have the excellent series Ted preached on Heaven & Hell - and we would all be the poorer for that.

I just downloaded these to my iPhone and can't wait to hear them as a RB on the verge of being a Presbyterian :)

I remember Donnelly best for his deep friendship with Pr. Albert Martin. Separate sides of the issue, yet very close to one another.

I am working my way through these. These are stellar. Wonderful and warm, rich in content, gracious in presentation. I can't recommend them highly enough.

So far I've listened to the first message and appreciated his irenic approach. I'm hoping to finish listening to the series soon. Having studied both sides of the issue for so long, I'll be a little surprised if I hear something that I've never heard before. But you never know. Sometimes simply stating something in a slightly different way can make a difference.

My wife and I listened to the first two sermons yesterday. I've appreciated Pastor Donnelly's ministry in the past and these messages are excellent so far. Thanks for sharing.

I took Rev. Wallace's advice in post #4 above and listened to this series as I traveled to preach at a wedding. It was excellent: informative, balanced, pastoral, and warmly congenial toward those with whom Pastor Donnelly differed. Well worth the time, insightful, and edifying.

Listened to the first four so far. He raises points I have never properly considered before. Does anybody know if he has written a book on the subject?

Listened to the first four so far. He raises points I have never properly considered before. Does anybody know if he has written a book on the subject?

So far, he has not done so. If I get the chance, I will try to find out if he has published anything in Reformed Theological Journal (or anywhere else) on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back