Tapatalk App: Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertPGH1981

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello All,

Does anybody else use the Tapatalk app to view the forum. Do you know of ways to suppress sinful advertising?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Tapatalk, but I don’t really see any ads. Where do you see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ads are when you reply to posts at the top of the screen. Sometimes they are simple banking or finance ads, other times it is click bait which has sinful themes.

I paid $4.99 to Google Play to upgrade for one year of ad-free service. Seemed worth it to me...

I ditched tapatalk because I was so offended at one of their ads. It was worse than anything I have seen on any other website.

PB used to push Tapatalk. I clicked on the link a few times to explore the service that was offered for 'free'. The only options I ever saw was 'free after a cash payment'. It struck me as a 'bait and switch' with no ethical standards, so I'm not surprised that folks that did manage to get it for free are now being pushed to a pay service through judicious use of offensive ads.

Ordinary browsers seem to work fine for me.

Huh. I've never paid anything and I don't see ads. Now that I say that, maybe I'll start seeing them!

I haven't visited the site using a mobile browser since the redesign. I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back