Take the Yankee/Dixie Quiz

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by biggandyy, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggandyy

biggandyy Puritan Board Freshman

2. Seb

Seb Puritan Board Junior

I scored 68% (Dixie). A definitive Southern score!

There's still some Mississippi left in me, even amongst all these Yankees down here. :)

3. Marrow Man

Marrow Man Drunk with Powder

That's pretty accurate. I'm originally from south/central Georgia (hint: I was born in Vidalia, the onion capital of the world!), and this was my result:

4. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

It has no provision for us wayward westerners whose families fled both the south and the north. But it scored me as 53% Dixie, probably from my Dad's mother's side.

5. nicnap

nicnap Puritan Board Post-Graduate

84% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?

Is the response I got.

6. Theoretical

Theoretical Puritan Board Professor

55% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

7. Puritan Sailor

Puritan Sailor Puritan Board Doctor

44% Yankee

8. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

BTW, some of the answer choices didn't include my region at all.

The answer to the last question for me was "ball bug." We even played an entertaining form of billiards with them. You had to move fast or the balls got up and crawled away.

9. BJClark

BJClark Puritan Board Doctor

54% dixie, but some of them I couldn't answer, I call a drive through liquor store just that, a drive through liquor store,

the road long side the highway, I don't use any of those terms, it's just the road long side the highway..

10. Jimmy the Greek

Jimmy the Greek Puritan Board Senior

87% Dixie. :cool: My great grandfather was in the cavalry in Waul's Texas Legion.

11. caoclan

caoclan Puritan Board Freshman

78% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score!

12. MrMerlin777

MrMerlin777 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I scored 91% dixie. It then asked me if General Robert E Lee was my father.

:lol:

13. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Puritan Board Doctor

I blame it on them Yankee teachers I had in Grade School. :graduate:

14. Mushroom

Mushroom Puritan Board Doctor

66% Dixie. Native Texan living near the Mason-Dixon line. Must be having a negative affect on me.

15. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?
    :doh:

16. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Gosh, I scored 100 percent Dixie -- I was a little surprised because I know I've got some Pennsylvania in me from my parents (Hoagie? In the south that was a submarine). And working in the natural resources also has had its influence!

17. JBaldwin

JBaldwin Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I scored "a definite yankee". Why am I not surprised? I've lived in the south most of my adult live, but I was born and raised outside Chicago. Once a Chicago gal, always a Chicago gal.

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Puritan Board Doctor

Down here it's a Po-Boy.

19. LadyFlynt

LadyFlynt Puritan Board Doctor

56% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

Blame Uncle Sam for my score...took the girl outta the south and turned her into a Third Culture Kid.

20. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Puritan Board Doctor

92% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?

Note: If you change your mind on an answer or are clicking different answers to see what it tells you it will mess up the score. The first time I did that and it said 44% Yankee even though I put the same answers both times.

21. Seb

Seb Puritan Board Junior

And it's GOOD! :drool:

Man, I miss food from Louisiana. Even the crawfish down here are bland. :barfy:

22. Curt

Curt Puritan Board Graduate

37% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee. But there's some mistake. There are few (except in Aroostook County) who are more Yankee!

23. Herald

Herald Administrator Staff Member

30% "strong" Yankee! I was worried that living 19 years south of the Mason-Dixon line would have corrupted me. Thankfully you can take the man out of the north but not the north out of the man.

24. Herald

Herald Administrator Staff Member

Vic, you're on the left coast. You're only part of the United States because of geography!

25. Galatians220

Galatians220 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I scored 36% - a "definitive Yankee." No surprise...

Thanks for posting this! (I'd taken it on another message board -- just wanted to see if the questions and my answers were the same. Yep.)

Margaret

26. Scott1

Scott1 Puritanboard Commissioner

Somehow, this rated me 55% Dixie (barely Dixie).

In the test designer mind, I think it was "rollie pollie" versus "sow bug" that did it.

27. Galatians220

Galatians220 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Another weakness of the test - the "bug" thing. We really don't have those bugs here, but I heard my paternal grandfather (born and raised in southern Indiana) and my mother (born in Wisconsin) call them "potato bugs." I've never seen them except when vacationing and so I don't know what Michiganders call them.

"Pop" for "soda" is a Michigan "thang," I thought. If other people say it, it may be a result of people from MI losing their jobs and going elsewhere to find work and taking this peculiarity with them. A lower Michigan thing just like when someone asks you where you live and you hold up the palm of your right hand and point to a spot on it (your pinkie finger is the Leelanau Peninsula, for example... :lol: ).

Margaret

28. ManleyBeasley

ManleyBeasley Puritan Board Junior

97% Dixie

29. ManleyBeasley

ManleyBeasley Puritan Board Junior

There you go!

30. Poimen

Poimen Puritan Board Post-Graduate

61% Dixie. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.