T.U.L.I.P which letter should be phrased different

Which letter of TULIP would you change if you could?

• T

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • None

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is actually of some concern to me that the Founder's Movement is based less on a systematic, Confessional movement and more on a rallying around 5 points like a modern-day Calvinistic Fundamentalism.

I agree, Rich. It's quite a mixed bag and I think for that reason it can never become another denomination or perhaps the influence it needs to be in the SBC.

I prefer to call Limited Atonement "definite atonement" .

I also prefer the term efficacious grace , rather than irresistible grace .

but TULIP is here to stay , and seeing as Holland is famous for Tulips then it is fitting . :)

jawyman;

I personally agree with all 5 points, it is just difficult to explain to someone that is not Reformed. The word "limited" sounds so exclusionary.

isn't God exclusionary?? (is that even a word??)

He says there is ONLY ONE WAY....sounds pretty exclusive to me..

I personally agree with all 5 points, it is just difficult to explain to someone that is not Reformed. The word "limited" sounds so exclusionary.

The doctrine itself is more offensive to the unbeliever than the word "limited", though... so if there's trouble in dealing with using that particular word to highlight a particular stance on soteriology, it's going to get much, much hairier when you actually come to describing what it means. I'm not sure, quite honestly, it's the best thing to choose language that sugar coats the truth in order to get a hearing, if what you're going to present the truth in more stark light later on...

The doctrine itself is more offensive to the unbeliever than the word "limited", though... so if there's trouble in dealing with using that particular word to highlight a particular stance on soteriology, it's going to get much, much hairier when you actually come to describing what it means. I'm not sure, quite honestly, it's the best thing to choose language that sugar coats the truth in order to get a hearing, if what you're going to present the truth in more stark light later on...

I love TULIP, straight up, no cream, no sugar, no fancy mug and you can keep the change. Can you imagine a market drive approach to presenting TULIP?:rofl: Something like, "Transformed by the TULIP: How to petal your way to spiritual wholeness.", the lifechanging story of how one pastor got his theological groove back, and how you can too, if God wills.:banana: (Apologies offered if this offends you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back