Systematic Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hi all,
What Systematic Theology books would you recommend for use? Particularly any that are perhaps less obvious

Blessings

Hi all,
What Systematic Theology books would you recommend for use? Particularly any that are perhaps less obvious

Blessings

On top of Joshua's great recommendations, I'll note that I wish someone had told me about Grudem for my introductory plunge into the tomes.

I'll second Josh on the Westminster Standards, Calvin and Turretin. But in addition to those, I think John Brown of Haddington's Systematic Theology is probably one of the most enjoyable and insightful volumes available. It used to be called A Compendious View of Natural and Revealed Religion, but when RHB reprinted it they made the title a little more conformable to modern standards.

Scott,

I use Berkhof, Hodge and Grudem. I have Grudem on my Logos software, so I use his most often. With Grudem you have to be wary of some charismatic leanings.

Mike

Scott,

I use Berkhof, Hodge and Grudem. I have Grudem on my Logos software, so I use his most often. With Grudem you have to be wary of some charismatic leanings.

Mike

It might be safe to say that everyone has some portion in their system that is a bit controversial...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back