Synod of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
faughan.jpg

The 2008 Synod of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland (Covenanters) meets in Faughan Reformed Presbyterian Meeting House (pictured above), Londonderry this evening and will finish on Wednesday night with a Missionary Rally led by Pastor David Vaughan (a Reformed Baptist missionary in France).

Although I shall not be attending any of the meetings myself, it is hoped that the Synod will be a harmonious gathering and a period of blessing for the church.

I know of one Puritan Board member who once visited our Synod (ADKing), has anyone else ever been over?

faughan.jpg

The 2008 Synod of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland (Covenanters) meets in Faughan Reformed Presbyterian Meeting House (pictured above), Londonderry this evening and will finish on Wednesday night with a Missionary Rally led by Pastor David Vaughan (a Reformed Baptist missionary in France).

Although I shall not be attending any of the meetings myself, it is hoped that the Synod will be a harmonious gathering and a period of blessing for the church.

I know of one Puritan Board member who once visited our Synod (ADKing), has anyone else ever been over?

And a very delightful time it was indeed. The concluding missionary rally was particularly edifying that year. I remember Ted Donnelly's sermon and the hundreds of people joined in psalm singing. I will be in prayer for synod this year, Daniel. Is it possible to let us know the highlights when you find out?

faughan.jpg

And a very delightful time it was indeed. The concluding missionary rally was particularly edifying that year. I remember Ted Donnelly's sermon and the hundreds of people joined in psalm singing. I will be in prayer for synod this year, Daniel. Is it possible to let us know the highlights when you find out?

I should be able to do that; but I hope that there will be no "highlights" as that is usually a good sign.

Any updates, Daniel?

Nothing much to report; highlights were these:

Rev. Geoffrey Allen was official accepted as a minister of the denomination.

Some changes to Reformed Theological Colleges curriculum - learning of Greek and Hebrew will be staggered - all Greek 1st year, all Hebrew 2nd year, both languages 3rd year.

Students at RTC will have to do a 6 month placement with a minister after they complete their academic course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back