Sufferings

Status
Not open for further replies.

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
I thought this portion from Robert Haldane's commentary on Romans 8:18 was particularly encouraging:

"Christians often dwell upon their own sufferings, while they overlook the sufferings of their Lord, to whom they must be conformed. They forget their sins, on account of which they receive chastisement that they may not be condemned with the world, and for which they must also partake of their bitter fruits. But as there is no proportion between what is finite, however great it may be, and what is infinite, so their afflictions here, even were their lives prolonged to any period, and although they had no respite, would bear no proportion to their future glory either in intensity or duration."

I thought this portion from Robert Haldane's commentary on Romans 8:18 was particularly encouraging:

"Christians often dwell upon their own sufferings, while they overlook the sufferings of their Lord, to whom they must be conformed. They forget their sins, on account of which they receive chastisement that they may not be condemned with the world, and for which they must also partake of their bitter fruits. But as there is no proportion between what is finite, however great it may be, and what is infinite, so their afflictions here, even were their lives prolonged to any period, and although they had no respite, would bear no proportion to their future glory either in intensity or duration."

Tim: Related - See the current top post on my Reiterations blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back