Subscribed Threads, navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stomata leontôn

Puritan Board Sophomore
I do not know if this is possible.

When I check Subscribed Threads, I first want to check any replies to my own posts. But in longer threads, it's often hard to find which page it is on, and sometimes there is so much on one page, loading time takes long for me.

*Is there a way to set it so that clicking on "Subscribed Threads" takes me straight to my last post?

The reason is that I like to check responses, and I want to make sure if I came across alright. Writing on the fly is a useful if tricky skill, and the only way to grade myself is to see how people respond.

Thanks!

What is even better, and is supported on some other boards, is a way to jump to the first post you did not yet read... Is this possible in vBulletin, Rich?

What is even better, and is supported on some other boards, is a way to jump to the first post you did not yet read... Is this possible in vBulletin, Rich?

This is actually possible on here if you click on the blue arrow-type symbol that
is on the left side of the post, directly under "thread/thread starter."
If you hover over it, you'll see:
Go to first new post

I guess if we remember to do that, the OP could be less of an issue. Duh!

This is actually possible on here if you click on the blue arrow-type symbol that
is on the left side of the post, directly under "thread/thread starter."
If you hover over it, you'll see:
Go to first new post

I guess if we remember to do that, the OP could be less of an issue. Duh!

Oh, thanks. Sorry! I did not look all too well, I guess. :oops:

The Subscribed threads functionality is what it is unfortunately in the Control Panel.

Now, here is what you can do: when you set up a thread for subscription, select the setting to receive Instant E-mail notification on the thread. The e-mail will have a link to the newest post on that thread so you can click it from your inbox and jump to the first unread post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back