Strangers in Your House

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Walmart is currently testing a service that would deliver groceries to you - bringing them inside the house - when you're not home.

What could possibly go wrong? LOL

This would be great fodder for late night comedians and perhaps a Top Ten list of things that could go wrong. I'll start:

Top Ten Reasons the Wal-Mart in-house delivery is great:
(10). They'll deliver my fresh milk direct to my fridge, right next to my collection of human skulls.
(9). ....

Mr. Google came up with these. One from the WaPo (they don't lie).

Gracias. Should we have any sympathy for folks stupid enough to let an unknown stranger into their home?

On the other hand, seems like it could be kind of risky in Texas.

One wonders how diligently Walmart will vet those delivery persons. A job like that could be a gift for all those five-finger discount grabbers out there.

If the mishaps attributed to Uber drivers, or their clients, are any indication this will be a short lived experiment.

Amazon has a new app.
Takes all your money the instant you make it.
Then stuff just shows up at your house.
:um:

I don’t have a problem with delivery but how would they be getting in the house? Give them a key.

I don’t have a problem with delivery but how would they be getting in the house? Give them a key.

You have officially designated yourself as un-hip. You press the app button on your phone, and unlock the doors and turn on the lights when they call and tell you they are there. (Not the app button on your phone you use to unlock your car and start it).

What? You still use a key? How 20th century of you. (Says the guy using a 10 year old 'feature phone' for texting).

Amazon has a new app.
Takes all your money the instant you make it.
Then stuff just shows up at your house.

The predictive algorithm analyzes the data files and knows what you want before you do. After all, your smart TV knows you didn't leave the room when that ad came on.

You have officially designated yourself as un-hip. You press the app button on your phone, and unlock the doors and turn on the lights when they call and tell you they are there. (Not the app button on your phone you use to unlock your car and start it).

What? You still use a key? How 20th century of you. (Says the guy using a 10 year old 'feature phone' for texting).

For me to be 'unhip' I'd have to be hip to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back