Starfish flower

Discussion in 'Natural Revelation and God's Creation' started by TimV, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimV

TimV Puritanboard Botanist

Here's something strange for your Memorial Day. Stapelia cedrimontana, from an African desert. Hard to grow! And it bloomed unexpectedly for me today, so I thought I'd share. Imitates the wounds on an animal to attract flies for pollinating. You can see the waxy texture makes sure scarce water doesn't evaporate.

[​IMG]

2. Nate

Nate Puritan Board Junior

I have to ask... Do you have your own greenhouse for all of your plants, or are they all grown outside, or are you constantly pulling our collective legs and just taking pics from the local botanical gardens? What's your setup?

3. TimV

TimV Puritanboard Botanist

:lol:

I have a 400 foot greenhouse that I custom built. It's really efficient, but kind of jury rigged looking. I trade exotic seeds from all over the world with other nerds, so what I post are indeed mine :D

It's a natural love for plants and my way of sticking it to evolutionists, since none of the weird stuff I grow can be explained by anything other than creation. Sorry, Waltke, but in any biological subject where practical ability counts more than mindless snobbish theory, I'll kick your butt while laughing at you.

4. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Thanks, Tim. I always enjoy your photos.

5. Southern Presbyterian

Southern Presbyterian Moderator Staff Member

We don't call him the "Puritanboard Botanist" for nothing. :D

6. Mindaboo

Mindaboo Puritan Board Graduate

That is cool! Thanks for sharing!

7. LawrenceU

LawrenceU Puritan Board Doctor

Hey, Tim. For some reason I can't see your picture, and I want to do so very badly. :)

8. JBaldwin

JBaldwin Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I don't think I've even heard of a starfish flower before. That's amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.