ST 101 Books - Read any of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
This fall I'll be taking ST 101: Prolegomena to Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. I picked up the books for the class to start reading over, and I was wondering if anybody's read these. If you have, I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts you'd have on the literature.

• Church Dogmatics Vol 1.1: The Doctrine of the Word of God by Karl Barth
  • Infallible Word: A Symposium by N.B. Stonehouse
  • Inspiration and Authority of the Bible by B.B. Warfield
  • Thy Word is Truth: Some Thoughts on the Biblical Doctrine of Inspiration by Edward J. Young
  • God's Word in Servant Form: Abraham Kuyper and Herman Bavinck and the Doctrine of Scripture by Richard B. Gaffin
  • General Revelation by G.C. Berkouwer
  • Collected Writings of John Murray, Vol 1: Claims of the Truth by John Murray
  • Sufficiency of Scripture by Noel Weeks
  • Faith Seeking Understanding by Daniel L. Migliore
  • Christian Faith: An Introduction to the Study of the Faith by Hendrikus Berkof
  • Benjamin B. Warfield: Selected Shorter Writings

We won't be reading the whole of each volume above except for Gaffin and Young's books, so for some I can't say what parts in particular. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to getting into this stuff. As I said, thoughts and book reviews are welcome!

Week's The Sufficiency of Scripture is excellent. It deals with the so-called "controversial" subjects of Scripture (slavery, female roles, etc.) and shows how the Scriptures deal with these issues and refutes many of the "cultural" objections to the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back