spotlight on Church discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Koster

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
9Marks has had a string of good material to build up The Body over the years. The spotlight is on Church discipline this time. Here's a link to their site.
9Marks

Rich, this is a big topic that many are trying to understand. If this is not the direction you would like this thread to go, let me know and we can disregard.

It is one of three marks of a "true church" that John Calvin identified (though indirectly):

1) right teaching of God's Word
2) right administration of the Sacraments
3) church discipline

If you would like this thread to open this topic up for general discussion, we might discuss:

1) What is church discipline (e.g. Is it negative? positive? both?)
2) What are the forms of it
3) How practically is it administered
4) How does it relate to church membership, leaving a particular church, etc.
5) What are general differences between reformed churches and broadly evangelical ones in this aspect?

I had no intention of the thread to go somewhere other than a website:). I wanted to share what I believe is a useful resource and provided a "heads up brother's, there's some new articles to read" link. Any discussion or questions about the articles is probably going to generate some new threads. My hope is that we all reinforce each other and benefit from reading and discussing. BTW the articles touch base with the topics that you listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back