Spiritual Significance of Space and Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myson

Puritan Board Freshman
In the OT there seemed to be significance to "holy ground" and "this day" (such as the Sabbath) as having deeper meanings. I guess I'm wondering what does it mean for ground to be holy and for days to be set apart? Do these things carry over in the New Covenant? How so?

I've been thinking lately about how the OT repeatedly says: "remember this ... " and gives directions for a physical reminder. Yet in the NT, we're told to keep a remembrance only as the Lord institutes His meal. Outside the signs of the covenant practices (baptism and the Lord's table) we're given almost no physical memorials. We are told simply to look forward in faith to Jesus' return.

The NT talks a lot about time, even if only to tell us to avoid wild assessments about future events known only to God. We are creatures of both the old and new creation. You see Jesus, the disciples, and the earliest disciples observing a Sabbath rest (but not the extensions made to the law by the oral traditions). It would be difficult to give a scriptural argument to disregard the blessing God has given us in the Sabbath rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back