Guest - An important message about Puritan Board Member and Moderator Rules of Behavior has been posted here.

Spiritual Mapping - whats it all about?

Discussion in 'Cults & World Religions' started by Eoghan, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eoghan

Eoghan Puritan Board Junior

What on earth is "spiritual mapping", it sounds like a branch of the Ordnance Survey (UK map makers)! What scripture does this take flight from? Who is its major proponent?

I am studying Daniel at the moment - Daniel 10 - and can't help feeling this is the/a tenuous link to the practice.

Apologies to anyone that thinks this should be in a different forum.

2. Michael

Michael Puritan Board Senior

My first thought was that Google had finally mapped out the sanctification of the human population.

3. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

It is "Strategic level spiritual warfare" and another missiological fad. Another Peter Wagner and Neil Anderson-ish take on spiritual realities.

Spiritual mapping posits that there are 'territorial spirits" and by our prayers against these entities and reclaiming these territories under the control of these spirits we can help the evangelization of an area.

The advocates of this view use Daniel as a proof text. Also, some charismatic missionaries have interviewed demons to try to ascertain which demons arere in control of what region (assuming that demons are reliable interviewees). Also, some short-term misssion groups have arranged "prayer walking" to surround a town with prayer to deliver it from local demons.

4. Grillsy

Grillsy Puritan Board Junior

I shudder to think to how one would schedule an interview.

If I didn't know charismania as well as I do I would think you were joking about your above post.

5. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Here is a summary I wrote for some new missionary candidates who asked:

6. Grillsy

Grillsy Puritan Board Junior

Good stuff Perg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.