Spending an Evening with Chopin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Listening to Arthur Rubinstein's 1965 recording of Chopin's nocturnes on a quiet, rainy Saturday night. Doesn't get much better than this!

I cross-posted this to Facebook. A friend of mine read it and said something to the effect that, "well, it you added bbq ribs, then it'd be perfect." Heh.

One night my electricity went out. I set two candles on both sides of the music desk on my grand piano so that I could read the score for his Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48 No. 1. I could see the music dimly but couldn't see my hands. (I'm very thankful for muscle memory.)

It was probably my most memorable practice session I ever had and this particular Nocturne remains my favorite. :)

One night my electricity went out. I set two candles on both sides of the music desk on my grand piano so that I could read the score for his Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48 No. 1. I could see the music dimly but couldn't see my hands. (I'm very thankful for muscle memory.)

It was probably my most memorable practice session I ever had and this particular Nocturne remains my favorite. :)

Good thing you weren't practicing the etudes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back