South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Wild_Boar

Puritan Board Freshman
I just noticed that some folks here are form my area. I live in Margate. When I do attend , I go to Emmanual Baptist. I have been pretty backwards the last few years but am needing to get back to serving God instead of myself. I used to go the the big easy believism Calvary Chapel for a few years but they really made sure to skirt the issues of Gods sovereignty. That and I dont like altar calls.

PS whats the difference betwen PCA and PCUSA churches? Also the RCIA? I was thinking of looking at a few Presbyterian churches but there seems to be a few different types. I am probably a Baptist at heart but wondered what Presbyterian churches were good and what to avoid.

Hi Boar,
Are we aquainted? I live in Margate!

PCA/PCusa

The Presbyterian Church of America & The PCusa were at one time one. The split came when a group of PCA'ers decided upon liberalism, i.e woman in leadership, ordination of homosexuals, etc. It was then that the PCusa became what they want to call "a church". Unfortunately, they are decieved.

My wife and I used to attend CC & Emmanuel Baptist. EBC is a beautiful congregation; nuff said about CC ! We adore the brethren and the elders of EBC. God decided to remove us from their midst about 3 months ago; it was not easy. Even now, we miss them so, but, Gods word rules; The Lord saw fit to enlighten us to a few things. These items refuse us the comfort of the world and obedience to truth rules supreme! Alas, we are in search also of a truly reformed congregation of the Lord.

In reality, there are vast differences between baptist (credo) theology and Presbyterianism (paedo). One of the gripes the webmaster and myself have is the fact that most Presbyterian churches today are so aclimated to the worldview and the illicit present day error of "evangecalism", that it is dificult for even the credo to see the differences in preaching styles when truly there should be an obvious difference. But then, this is another thread I'd guess.

In regards to local churches: I will u2u my phone #. We will chat-OK?

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by Scott Bushey]

To second some of what Scott said (and add a little from myself)....

PCA - :thumbup::thumbup:

PCUSA - :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Reformed Baptist - :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:smilegrin::saint:

[i:c36214df5b]Originally posted by Scott Bushey[/i:c36214df5b]
One of the gripes the webmaster and myself have is the fact that most Presbyterian churches today are so aclimated to the worldview and the illicit present day error of "evangecalism", that it is dificult for even the credo to see the differences in preaching styles when truly there should be an obvious difference. But then, this is another thread I'd guess.

Reply...

Maybe you can check out the Free Presbyterian Church (not sure if one is in your area though). They seem to be staying clear of all the modern day evangelicalism. Many good sermons from their ministers on sermonaudio.com too.

]

[quote:f1b967e673][i:f1b967e673]Originally posted by Gregg[/i:f1b967e673]
[Maybe you can check out the Free Presbyterian Church (not sure if one is in your area though). They seem to be staying clear of all the modern day evangelicalism. Many good sermons from their ministers on sermonaudio.com too.

] [/quote:f1b967e673]

Unfortuantely, the closest Free Presbyterian Church to you is in Orlando. Maybe you could visit it on vacation.

I am fortunate enough to live in Greenville, SC. I visit the Free Pres. church on occasions and have enjoyed it. The services are long for my 5 dc, so we don't go very often. Still, we are currently seeking, so maybe we can visit again soon. :)

[b:20877befbd]Pastor Way wrote:[/b:20877befbd]
PCA - :thumbup::thumbup:
PCUSA - :thumbdown::thumbdown:
Reformed Baptist - :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

An opinion can't get more unbiased then that, wouldn't you think?:lol:

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by blhowes]

[quote:8d6b31ed2b][i:8d6b31ed2b]Originally posted by memoirsc[/i:8d6b31ed2b]
[quote:8d6b31ed2b][i:8d6b31ed2b]Originally posted by Gregg[/i:8d6b31ed2b]
[Maybe you can check out the Free Presbyterian Church (not sure if one is in your area though). They seem to be staying clear of all the modern day evangelicalism. Many good sermons from their ministers on sermonaudio.com too.

] [/quote:8d6b31ed2b]

Unfortuantely, the closest Free Presbyterian Church to you is in Orlando. Maybe you could visit it on vacation.

I am fortunate enough to live in Greenville, SC. I visit the Free Pres. church on occasions and have enjoyed it. The services are long for my 5 dc, so we don't go very often. Still, we are currently seeking, so maybe we can visit again soon. :) [/quote:8d6b31ed2b]

Reply...

I wish we had one here in Northern Connecticut:thumbup:

[quote:1297bcaf6f][i:1297bcaf6f]Originally posted by Scott Bushey[/i:1297bcaf6f]
Gregg,
Where in Connecticut are you exactly? [/quote:1297bcaf6f]

Reply...

South Windsor (north central CT) about 20 min from the Springfield Mass. border.

Down in the Connecticut River Valley:bouncy:

hi Gregg,
I have an aunt that lives in Whindsor. I grew up in West hartford. I actually went to rock concerts in Bushnell park (ala Horace Bushnell).

[quote:fa2b52148f][i:fa2b52148f]Originally posted by Scott Bushey[/i:fa2b52148f]
hi Gregg,
I have an aunt that lives in Whindsor. I grew up in West hartford. I actually went to rock concerts in Bushnell park (ala Horace Bushnell). [/quote:fa2b52148f]

Hi,
I used to have some customers in Windsor I did work for when I was in the Lawn/Landscape business and also when I was in drywall/ carpentry. It is a nice town (just across the Connecticut River). West Hartford is only several or so miles west of the river also.

I wish I could, but this weekend isn't a good time. Plus, sometime in the next 2 or 3 weekends I'll be gone, so it might be closer to April before I could do that. I'll be in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back