So whacha' goin' to name your children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a boy: Amos Edward

If a girl: Emily Grace

I know the name Emily is very very very popular, but in my twenty-five years of existence, I have had relationships with five "Emily"s, three of whom are my closest friends. It's a very special name to me.

If twins, dunno.

Point of contention: If male identical twins, is it permissible to name the first one born after you, and give the second one another family name?

If twins, then you should really consider Huz and Buz.

To the gaggle of others who are also apparently pregnant:

If a boy, Andrew Shuler DeShazo, Jr.

If a girl, then Esther Anne DeShazo.

If twins, dunno.

Point of contention: If male identical twins, is it permissible to name the first one born after you, and give the second one another family name?

If it was me, and I had identical twin boys, I would give one of them my husband's first name for a middle name and the other his middle name for their middle name. I would think that naming one the third would cause some hurt feelings in the other son eventually.

Our three kids names:

William McCleery

Caroline Elizabeth

Anna Grace

Now I'm waiting for someone to get married so I can have grandchildren!

If we were to adopt from Ethiopia again, one girl's name we thought would be fitting is Tzipporah. We've already worked our way through Judah, Esther, Joseph, Isaiah, Hannah, Elijah, Izaak, Gabriel, Josiah, and then there's Anneliese (which is a combo of Anne and Elizabeth) so we're sort of moving away from 'normal' into 'less normal'. Little Hezekiah is still a ways off, though.

My Dad's first name was William, and mine is Bradford, so my son got a Separatist's name.

For twin sons, how 'bout Zebulun and Ebenezer? Zeb and Eb for short.

And how come we don't ever see Boaz? Boaz and Moses for twins, Bo and Mo for short.... the possibilities are endless.

Brad I think Boaz is one of the most beautiful Christian men in Scripture and have thought that if we ever should have a son, I would be so happy for him to be like Boaz. However 'Owen Aleric Thomas Boaz Zartman' is a bit much. :)

Because if we have twin boys, my wife doesn't want me to give one my name and not the other. And giving them both my name is not happening. [/QUOTE
I like the idea of giving one your first name and the other the middle name. I always thought Joshua and Caleb would be awesome twins names. Lots of people have used that I am sure. David and Jonathan would be good too.

For Damaris, the names I threw around before Brad gave in on Leah for the first name were, Damaris Lily, Damaris Rose and Damaris Elizabeth. Thankfully, he let me have Leah Damaris, love that name. Our daughter Julia is Julia Michal.

I personally liked Caleb Michael and Isaiah Matthew for boys names. Brad always wanted Zeb. I just couldn't shake the whole Grandpa Walton thing.

You guys will get lots of advice, we always did.

So far..
for a boy: James Cavanagh
for a girl: Dinorah Rose

Other girl names we like are Genevieve, Sophia, Lucia, and Veronique. And our other boy name we like is Declan.

(we are still not sure if we are going to find out the sex)

If twins, dunno.

Or Muppim and Huppim. If you have one after that you can name him Ard. It's Biblical.

If twins, dunno.

Or Muppim and Huppim. If you have one after that you can name him Ard. It's Biblical.

If I had twins I was gonna name'em Urim and Thummim.

No, seriously, if I had a girl I am tossed because I am taken by the stories of the early Christian martyrs Perpetua and Felicitas.

We named our oldest son Robert (my husband's first name) Isaac Auner. We call him Isaac
our youngest is Joshua Edward Auner... we wanted him to have my initals and we have him my grandfather's first name (Edward)

Now IF we had more children (and because I love naming everything.. even my car)
girl... Chloe Elizabeth Auner
boy...Luke McGyver Auner
twin girls Chloe and Phoebe
twin boys Matthew and Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back