So I have decided that I will eat almost anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
I am currently on a diet, so I guess food is on the mind. It got me thinking, what foods do I truly despise? Maybe a better way to put it might be, what foods/dishes would I refuse to eat? Of course, I am not counting completely weird dishes that the majority of people would not consume (think Bizzare Foods -Andrew Zimmern), but rather more normal, everyday dishes.

Well I have only been able to come up with two things that I refuse to consume due to unsavory tastes:
1) Root Beer - I absolutely loathe root beer. I can't even stand that nasty scent of it.
2) raw onions - I can stand them if they are cut up really small or thin, but if I can taste that pungent scent, then bleccch! :barfy:

Other than these two, I will really eat anything. Am i just a human garbage dispoal or is anyone else as un-picky as me? What foods/dishes do you refuse to consume?

Before I was married, I refused to consume fast food at all. My husband has s l o w l y worn me down and now it is not out of the question for me to go BY MYSELF through a BK drive through (at least during pregnancy).

In terms of taste, coffee or grapefruit. Anything else is fine. But I do refuse foods on grounds other than taste - fat on meat and generally food which is too processed and cheap. God bless your diet!

I actually seek out bizarre foods to eat; I thoroughly enjoy food of all sorts, and the only class of food I would stay away from is the soft, gelatinous types. Sea Cucumber, Cocks' combs, and the like. Other than that, fix me a plate! :pilgrim:

The most bizarre food I've ever eaten was the balut in Philippines. Hard boiled egg. :)

Hold up: isn't balut actually an egg WITH the chicken fetus IN it still?
I think it is. I've seen it on Bizarre Foods and we also have a site in Manila, and our trainers told us much about it LOL. Did you eat the genuine balut, or a knockoff? :think:

The most bizarre food I've ever eaten was the balut in Philippines. Hard boiled egg. :)

I think it is. I've seen it on Bizarre Foods and we also have a site in Manila, and our trainers told us much about it LOL. Did you eat the genuine balut, or a knockoff? :think:

Yes I ate the genuine one. :) Come on, hard boiled egg can scarcely be called bizarre without some well.. bizarreness would it?

IMG_1191.jpg

Two things I cannot tolerate:

1) Garden peas (or English peas) that come in the silver LaSueur can. The smell when cooking is obnoxious.
2) Cabbage; smelling it cooking on the stove = :barfy:

Yes I ate the genuine one. :) Come on, hard boiled egg can scarcely be called bizarre without some well.. bizarreness would it?

IMG_1191.jpg

:wow::barfy:
That is disgusting!

One food I about threw up eating was those orange fish eggs that comes with sushi. That was in Japan.

I pride myself on liking just about every food, apart from the bizarro world as in the image above. The few exceptions are:

1) Green olives
2) Liquorice
3) Anything heavy on marshmellow, like Peeps or those Snowballs
4) Any dish heavy on mayonnaise

I eat just about anything. No kidding. Even on "Bizarre Foods" there have only been a few things I wouldn't be willing to eat (which includes the decomposing tofu at the Unique House of Stink). I have seriously low standards.

I don't eat very often, and most of the time I eat the same stuff. I am kind of picky. I don't really try exotic stuff.

I've never had a fancy for sweet potatoes, though I would eat them if need be. Cornbeef and cabbage has never appealed to me, though I'd probably eat that too.

Yeah, I wouldn't miss that picture if it were removed from this thread. :O

The texture of marshmallows gets me as close to gagging as anything. And I tried an octopus dish once at a restaurant, because I had had fried octopus before and had liked it. The restaurant boiled it, or something, and served it in little balls of meat. They looked, felt, and perhaps tasted like eyeballs. Bad choice.

Ixnay On Eggay

:wow::barfy:
That is disgusting!

Agreed. :agree: I would eat garden peas and cabbage on a bed of licorice topped with green olives, anchovies and a heavy mayonnaise sauce... then wash it down with two rootbeers... for every meal... before I would allow that chicken egg thing on my dinner table.:worms:

I also had balut in the Philippines. It was well, interesting. I wanted to try dog while I was there, but they said you could only find it on the island Mindinao. I was bummed.

I like lots of vegetables, and lots of international foods. But I will not eat:

1) Durian
2) Sea urchin
3) Liver or any product made from liver
4) Most any "weird" food such as that balut.
5) Those pig feet that come in a jar
6) Head cheese
7) Dark meat chicken or turkey

Ok,

First, I have a question:

6) Head cheese

What's head cheese?

And I will not eat the following:

-Eggs (especially deviled. Blech!)
-Liver (I prefer to have a Bud-Lite instead, and put mine to good use, within moderation)
-Mushrooms (fungi, literally)
-Mayonaisse (it'll kill you, anyway)

headcheese Notes: This is made from parts of the hog's head, which are boiled together with spices and gelatin, then cooled and sliced. The result is a mosaic of meat chunks. It's good in sandwiches. Substitutes: sulze OR zungenwurst

And then there's Blutwurst, or blood sausage, is made with congealed pig or cow blood and also contains fillers like meat, fat, bread or oatmeal. It is sliced and eaten cold, on bread.

bloodtonguesausage.jpg

I would never put any of this....stuff...in my mouth.

Clear gelatin type thing with suspended chunks of meat from the head of some type of livestock animal (cows, pigs, etc). Some I've seen actually looks like its got chunks of brain it it.

head-cheese.jpg

Well,

Gotta give them points for culinary creativity, I suppose. And it sounds better than that dead-chicken-in-the-egg thing or, say, haggis. But yeah, that is still pretty vile.

1) Durian
2) Sea urchin
3) Liver or any product made from liver
4) Most any "weird" food such as that balut.
5) Those pig feet that come in a jar
6) Head cheese
7) Dark meat chicken or turkey

DURIAN! Oh yes, the Caucasian killer. It is absolutely fantastic. I will personally buy durians for anyone on PB who visits Singapore.

erm. You don't eat turkey?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back