Snowing in Georgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Puritan Board Senior
Pastor preached his second portion on Psalm 51 this Holy Communion morning, including exegesis on verse 7, "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

It was raining on the way to church but upon leaving great big snowflakes were showering all around! My little Jack (2yrs old) kept pointing and asking as we headed back to the truck, "What dis?" :)

:sing: Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

We are supposed to get 8-14 inches tonight and tomorrow. I was going to go to the annual Philly Flower Show tomorrow but it will be blizzard conditions, so I guess I'll stay home and get engrossed in a book.

A bunch of snow for us tonight anf tomorrow, also. But, this in Maine. That's the way it's supposed to be.

My little Jack (2yrs old) kept pointing and asking as we headed back to the truck, "What dis?" :)

:sing: Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

The wonderment of the world through the eyes of a child! Thank you for sharing that with us, Michael. It lifted my spirit!

Well, it's pretty much over. I'm seeing around 3 inches at my house, wish you could have seen it in AL too. Not much for folks up north but I'm from the Gulf Coast so it's sort of special (try not to laugh). It's really a lot more fun since it's Jack's first real snow. I wish you could have seen his face Ivan!

Hope everyone's power stays on as this front finishes up the East Coast!

I want snow... I'm going outside right now to check...I heard people say maybe.. so fingers crossed

-----Added 3/1/2009 at 11:27:43 EST-----

ok sigh... no snow.. maybe I'll wake up and there will be snow... maybe (hopeful look)

Ok, so now the snow thread is kind of turning into a prayer request. We live in some pretty steep hills outside of Atlanta and there is ice everywhere now. I had one worker call in stranded this morning and the shop is already opening late. Looks like Jack is sick and I'm not sure if my home daycare help can keep him. I REALLY need to get to work though for many reasons. His mom might be able to watch him if she can get off of work. Then I just have to worry about navigating the icy slopes.

Rambling, I know....must run for now.

There we actually snowflakes and some sleet in the rain at 0100 Sunday morning as I was driving around. That was it though.

As soon as I bought my man-sized snow blower the snow fall decreased dramatically! Well, worth the investment!!! :lol:

As soon as I bought my man-sized snow blower the snow fall decreased dramatically! Well, worth the investment!!! :lol:

:lol:

I may very well be the only person in my county with two snow shovels. I didn't intend to bring them with me, but the moving company packed them when they packed the garage. I thought I'd never use them. However, I have found that they are just the ticket for loading leaf bags!

:lol:

I may very well be the only person in my county with two snow shovels. I didn't intend to bring them with me, but the moving company packed them when they packed the garage. I thought I'd never use them. However, I have found that they are just the ticket for loading leaf bags!

Ha! I bought a leaf picker-uper which attaches to my riding lawn mower! You men would be very proud of all the toys I have!!;)

Didn't know they made 'women-sized' snow blowers anyhow. :)

Well, things turned out ok. Jack and I made it to his sitter safely. We passed a few cars getting pushed out of ditches though along the way. Snow plows only hit the big roads around here and most everyone doesn't know how to drive in the stuff.

The prayers were greatly appreciated!

We got about 2 inches here. More than enough to create hazardous road conditions and close the schools.

We were thankful that we didn't have to venture out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back