Six Day Creation Resources Exegetical Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterthought

Puritan Board Senior
I'm currently restudying the issue. Especially for those who changed their minds, what resources do you recommend? What resources did you find most helpful? I am not so interested in the hermeneutics of the question right now (e.g., How should science constrain our interpretations of Scripture? Are our interpretations just scientific, human models of Scriptural data? etc.). Instead, I am interested in what the Bible says and teaches and what it does not say and what it does not teach (although I do realize such is related to heremenutical questions as the above, there seems to me to be a difference in approach between "Scripture cannot say this cause it contradicts scientific findings, so we must interpret it in this way" and "Scripture says this and that because the text says this and that.").

Since I went somewhat deep into the OEC side at one point, I'd be more interested in "intermediate" or "advanced" resources, rather than beginning resources that don't really interact with serious challenges to the position, simplify things too much, or just repeat unhelpful comments on the debate without sound argumentation to back it up.

The Pipa and Kelly books are the most important, in my opinion. With some reservations, I also mention James Jordan's defense of the YEC view. It's called Creation in Six Days. His hermeneutics are often way out of wack, but this is less evident in this book than it is in his commentary on Daniel, for instance (which is absolutely useless). Ditto for his Federal Vision positions. Read it with care and discernment. But you should pick up some helpful things in this book.

Thanks for the suggestions, all! Some of the reviews for Kelly's book say he gives an incomplete treatment, but I guess I'll have to wait and see for myself since it is difficult to tell such things from Amazon reviews.

Not necessarily 24 hours but EJ Young's Studies in Genesis One cuts the head off of the Framework interpretation.
Creation.com and Answers In Genesis must certainly have stuff. Check their online store or even articles.
This might point you in a right direction: Genesis Debate: Three Views on the Days of Creation: David Hagopian - Paperback, Book | Ligonier Ministries Store

Is E. J. Young's Studies in Genesis One, a compilation of all three of his articles published in the Westminster Theological Journal or just the latter two?

Not necessarily 24 hours but EJ Young's Studies in Genesis One cuts the head off of the Framework interpretation.
Creation.com and Answers In Genesis must certainly have stuff. Check their online store or even articles.
This might point you in a right direction: Genesis Debate: Three Views on the Days of Creation: David Hagopian - Paperback, Book | Ligonier Ministries Store

Is E. J. Young's Studies in Genesis One, a compilation of all three of his articles published in the Westminster Theological Journal or just the latter two?

I honestly do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back