Singapore Bible Presbyterian dispensational?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeutter

Puritan Board Senior
This thread is a follow up to a question I raised on Burt Mulder's thread about the OPC & BPC establishing fellowship with each other.

Cymro, Jeff O'Neil, said that as far as he knew the Bible Presbyterians of Singapore were "of a four pointer persuasion, and of a dispensational complexion."

Jeff knows his way around Singapore better then I do, but I think the Bible Presbyterian situation is complex.

I responded by saying the Singapore Bible Presbyterian Church Presbytery had been dissolved many years ago over disputes over King James Onlyism, Pentecostalism, Psalm Singing, Instrumental Music and other doctrinal issues. Because their is no Singapore Bible Presbyterian Church Presbytery you have more then thirty congregations with some divergence in their doctrinal stance.

Here is what others say about the question:
Vincent Chia's take on the matter in 2006
https://www.scribd.com/document/305974569/Bible-Presbyterian-A-Need-For-Redefinition

Rev. Timothy Tow and Rev. Jeffery Khoo have expressed themselves as being in agreement with Oliver Buswell's, reformed, yet pro-Israel, Systematic Theology

Rev. Tow and Khoo have also written their own systematics, entitled: Theology for Every Christian: A Systematic Theology in the Reformed and premillennial Tradition of J. Oliver Buswell. www.bpc.sg/archive/pdfs/Theology For Every Christian (Extract).pdf

My friends at Galilee Bible Presbyterian Church Singapore do not seem to be Dispensationalist.
But Bible Presbyterianism in Singapore is now really Congregationalism so it is hard to get an accurate assessment of the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back