Signatures on mobile again

• Thread starter Deleted member 12865
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12865

The issue of no signatures on mobile has been present for years and most recently addressed in this 2019 post but no solution was found.

This really has to be solved on the server side, and there's a 2021 stylesheet modification here that provides a solution:

Add to extra.less for your styles:

CSS:
/* display signatures on mobile */
@media (max-width: 480px)
{.message-signature
    {display: block; }
}

Note I have not tested this.

I just turn the phone sideways to see the signatures. But that’s not the fix you’re looking for.

It’s not a bug. It’s the fact that the style is reactive and doesn’t show signatures for very narrow windows.

If you want to see Signatures then turn the phone sideways or use your PC.

It’s not a bug. It’s the fact that the style is reactive and doesn’t show signatures for very narrow windows.

If you want to see Signatures then turn the phone sideways or use your PC.
I get that’s the point of it, I just think it is a usability problem for PB on mobile. It makes sense on boards where people use large and particularly wide images or memes in their signatures and that would seem to be the point of suppressing them.

On PB signatures by convention and rule are small texts. They use more vertical than horizontal real estate so signatures are actually worse in landscape than portrait on phones here, as was observed in the previous thread. It’s a usability issue that makes it hard to see who is who.

Well, like I said, I'm not going to "fix it" it because it would involve theme customizations that I don't have the time to change and keep up with.

You can try some of the other themes available to see if all of them remove the signature when real estate is scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back