Sibbes' Bruised Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
In a couple of weeks time I will be talking on Sibbes' "Bruised Reed." I wonder if anyone here on the PB has a personal example of how reading that book helped you through a particular crises in your ministry or what the book has meant to you in general terms.

Stuart

I'm not sure I have any examples where it has personally helped me, but I could give you countless examples (well almost) of situations where it has helped me counsel people under trial, or suffering etc. Enjoy.

This book has been a means of grace for years now. We've walked through years of infertility and two miscarriages, and Sibbes continues to be a main source of comfort and hope. I've read it a few times, but more than reading, it's his threads of thinking that have been woven in to how I/we process suffering and trial and continually lead me back to the Savior. The picture of Christ as tenderly caring for the broken and weary is a vision I regularly lose and desperately need. Sibbes draws it for us in such an alluring and compelling way. For anybody that's brokenhearted or experiencing trial and sorrow, this book will be a major help. After Calvin's Institutes, this is my favorite book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back