Shooting Fish in a barrel: complaining about the PCUSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presbyman

Puritan Board Freshman
My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this: it seemed like the best fit.

Recently, as you are aware, the notorious abortionist George Tiller was murdered as he ushered at church. At roughly the same time (maybe a day apart) two young soldiers were gunned down in Arkansas. One was killed and one was wounded. It should go without saying that any murder is deplorable and since we are a nation of laws, a Republic, we can never condone vigilantism.

My denomination, the PC(USA), issued a statement deploring Tiller's murder but said nothing about the soldiers. That was bad enough, in my opinion. Why was the murder of a mass abortionist more worthy of comment than the murder of a young man striving to serve his country?

What was worse was the tone of the news release that made Tiller out to be some kind of good guy who ran a "women's health clinic." And, the release sanctimonously intoned, every place of work should be a sanctuary of peace. Peace??? PEACE?? Do they even care what Tiller was doing in there? He got rich doing something unspeakably evil and violent! $6000 for every little life destroyed! You would think they could have said SOMETHING about not condoning his actions even if they were legal.

What a lot of politically correct garbage. I've blasted it on my Facebook page. Maybe there will be a backlash. I hope so.

Here's the news release. Have a barf bag handy: PC(USA) - News Service - Press Releases - Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) officials issue statement in wake of Tiller death

It's been said many times before here, but if the shoe fits...

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! -Isaiah 5:20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back