Sermons on July 2, 2017 - What Did You Hear Preached Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
My pastor preached a fine communion sermon this morning from Psalm 94.12-13.

What did you hear today?

In the morning, our Minister preached on Psalm 127 (Here) on the vanity of not depending upon God.

In the evening, he preached on Jesus the Nazarene from Matthew 2:19-23 (Here). He gave the various views as to the meaning of these words, "that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene" when they didn't appear in the Old Testament.

A sermon on Mark 12:13-34. What I find fascinating is that I am in discussion with some family members on the 10 commandments, and the mistaken view that all sin is equal in the eyes of God. I sometimes wonder how people can be in church most of their lives and not hear that Jesus ranks the first table above the second, and not understand that sin has different degrees of punishments.

I preached in the AM on Mk 10.17-31, continuing our series through that Gospel. In the PM, I preached from Isa 26.1-9.

I sensed that the Lord strengthened me in each sermon, and our people spoke of being helped by them. Thanks be to God.

(I like these threads...it's a great joy to me to see what others have heard/preached).

Last edited:
My friend/teammate and I rotate preaching; this has been such a blessing. We're going through Galatians and he preached this past Sunday night on Galatians 6:1-6. It was a joy to listen to. Really good stuff, also convicting.

We heard a good sermon from John 1:1-5, laying particular stress on the eternity of the Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back