Sermons 07/10/2016

Discussion in 'Meditating on the Preached Word' started by brendanchatt, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brendanchatt

brendanchatt Puritan Board Freshman

Hi all,

Please post about this week's sermon(s) if you'd like.

2. Bill The Baptist

Bill The Baptist Puritan Board Graduate

I continued my series through our confession of faith with a sermon on creation from Psalm 33.

3. brendanchatt

brendanchatt Puritan Board Freshman

The morning sermon was delivered by a visiting minister, the OPC's missionary to Haiti, Ben Hopp. It was a privilege to hear a sermon from him about the grace of God from the book of Hosea. It was an introductory sermon from the first chapter and consisted of what you'd expect, and it was very helpful to my soul.

I really liked the evening sermon as well which was from our own pastor. It was on Jesus healing the woman's infirmity on the Sabbath in Luke 13. I like how he pointed out how Christ said she "ought" to be healed at such a time, from which he drew that the Sabbath is an appropriate time for mercy.

4. reaganmarsh

reaganmarsh Puritan Board Senior

This morning I continued my series through Mark, preaching 5.1-20 (the Gerasene demoniac). I was particularly struck by how Jesus crossed racial boundaries and restored this man's dignity.

5. py3ak

py3ak They're stalling and plotting against me Staff Member

I heard a sermon from 1 Peter 2:7 on the preciousness of Christ. The preciousness of Christ to God and to the believer was particularly highlighted. This led to discussion of the Father's love for the Son, and the believer's sufficiency in Christ.

It is the sort of topic that in a sense would be quite straightforward to expand upon. Christ is precious in his person; in each of his two natures; in his work; in the benefits he confers; in the hope he extends. And all wonderfully true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.