Seminary Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRTS's MDiv. degree takes four years to complete. I visited there recently and loved the institution and the people there. The school places an emphasis on practical, experiential preaching and as such, it requires it's students to hone their homiletic skills more than others. I believe that by the time a MDiv student graduates, he should have preached 100 times during the period there.

GPTS's takes four years to complete as well. It places emphasis on all those things. As for "more than others," have you attended others? Don't let your zeal from your visit cause you to overstep your areas of expertise/knowledge. There are men here who would gladly disagree with you, and have been to other seminaries.

RPTS in Pittsburgh! I don't know where you are in Ohio, but Pittsburgh might not be too far! I am PCA and my pastor when I lived in Pittsburgh also went to RPTS, so you don't have to be RP to go there. I am not a seminarian, but my two brothers-in-law both graduated from there and one of them teaches a class or two there. And I went to Geneva College, which has ties to RPTS, and I know it's all solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back