Guest - An important message about Puritan Board Member and Moderator Rules of Behavior has been posted here.

Self Defense Night Stand

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Richard King, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard King

Richard King Puritan Board Senior

2. Contra_Mundum

Contra_Mundum Pilgrim, Alien, Stranger Staff Member

So much simpler/safer to have a GUN.

3. No Longer A Libertine

No Longer A Libertine Puritan Board Senior

I think a criminal would have a belly laugh prior to grabbing the bat from your hand and beating you with it.

4. Richard King

Richard King Puritan Board Senior

Oh I already got the guns.

I just want something to go all Gladiator on him first. But you are right. It would be hard to stop laughing myself.

5. Theoretical

Theoretical Puritan Board Professor

I especially admire the shield. Wasn't this already addressed 500 years ago when firearms really came into their own? If I was a criminal, I'd be laughing too.

6. govols

govols Puritan Board Junior

That's the best time to shoot him!

7. SemperWife

SemperWife Puritan Board Freshman

I agree! Not to mention, by the time you actually took the tray off and armed yourself with the bat, the criminal would more than likely already have done some damage.

I taught a Rape Aggression Defense class a few years back. While weapons are not discouraged, it is ultimately better to know how to defend yourself without a bat or a gun. Both can be taken from you and then what are you left with.......If its a burglary, you just lost the table you dished out some nice money for and more than likely won't have the money to replace it.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.