Seeking podcast recommendations for daily devotionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Mordecai

Puritan Board Freshman
Currently, I listen to one episode of the Westminster Seminary California Morning Devotionals podcast each morning, but I am looking for more. I'm not looking for sermon podcasts, but specifically something that could be listened to as a part of a morning devotional on my way to work.

I have a couple things to say.

1. You live in Athens?! I was born and grew up in Danielsville, and just moved back to Ila from Chicago!

2. Regarding your OP, I do have a recommendation. Whether or not you are a Theonomist, or even agree with Theonomy at all, I think everyone could benefit from listening to R. J. Rushdoony. Even if you are not a Theonomist, Rushdoony still has some great thoughts on how the Christian faith applies to all of life. For shorter devotionals, I am thinking specifically of listening to his A Word in Season: Daily Messages on the Faith for All of Life. Give it a try!

Reformed Forum has over 550 podcasts complete. It doesn't get much better than that.
I have listened to the entire Christ the Center feed and I am working through the back catalog. I LOVE the Reformed Forum and have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Camden Bucey, Jim Cassidy, and Nick Batzig.

That being said, they are excellent as theology discussion but I am looking for something specifically more like a daily devotional. Essentially a mini-sermon but focused on communing with God daily.

Ben, my recommendation, then, is to go to Sermon Audio, and find the preachers you like, and start listening to them. Don't forget Tenth Presbyterian Church, and Liam Goligher (though you have to go to Tenth's own website for his sermons).

Ben, my recommendation, then, is to go to Sermon Audio, and find the preachers you like, and start listening to them. Don't forget Tenth Presbyterian Church, and Liam Goligher (though you have to go to Tenth's own website for his sermons).
I actually discovered Liam Goligher by accident when I was searching Sermon Audio for a sermon series that preached through all of Isaiah.

I have a couple things to say.

1. You live in Athens?! I was born and grew up in Danielsville, and just moved back to Ila from Chicago!

2. Regarding your OP, I do have a recommendation. Whether or not you are a Theonomist, or even agree with Theonomy at all, I think everyone could benefit from listening to R. J. Rushdoony. Even if you are not a Theonomist, Rushdoony still has some great thoughts on how the Christian faith applies to all of life. For shorter devotionals, I am thinking specifically of listening to his A Word in Season: Daily Messages on the Faith for All of Life. Give it a try!

Taylor, I think I have heard of you! I have visited Heritage in Royston several times for the evening service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back